This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Principal Antenna Design Engineer Job # 3209|
|Job Location:||Baltimore, Maryland - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
prefer local candidates first, will discuss a moving allowance for non locals
Working in Baltimore, Maryland as an antenna design engineer, and working at a company that recognizes you for your contributions can boost your career and offer significant room for growth.
The benefits offered are refreshing.
Come and apply now if you are an antenna designer with Radome experience.
Job # 3209
The selected RF engineer will report directly to the Antenna Engineering Manager, and should be a self-starter, high energy designer who has developed Radomes, and Antennas for military applications. You will be part of a small team responsible for antenna and radome designs, also responsible for testing inside of our anechoic chambers, and performing modelling and simulations using HFSS, Orbit F/R & NSI software packages.
Experience with Frequency Selective Surfaces (FSS) is desirable
• Design new radome products and test new materials to meet customer requirements or to add new products and technologies.
• Troubleshoot radome and antenna measurement issues and implement corrective actions.
• Specify design and materials for radomes to be produced to meet customer specifications.
• Creation of test plans and procedures to test radomes and verify compliance with customer specifications.
• Provide support to manufacturing to answer questions or resolve technical issues related to the manufacture of the radome products.
• Assist in the preparation of proposals including design concepts, costing, writing sections and making presentations to management and customers.
• Interface with customers to answer questions, make presentations, and give status reports on projects.
• Able to understand and schedule preventive maintenance for anechoic chamber test equipment. The ideal candidate will have used Orbit/FR positioning equipment and Keysight network analyzers.
- You will be responsible for technical direction to test technicians, however, will not have any direct
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment:
Work usually performed in air-conditioned office environment. Position involves sitting, standing and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
The work site is an industrial manufacturing operation and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required in some aspects of the role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics
• 5-10 years of experience as an Antenna or Radome Design Engineer in Aerospace or RF Microwave industry
• Must have an active US Government security clearance.
• Experience with electromagnetic CAE tools such as HFSS and FEKO
• Basic PC knowledge
• MS Office Suite capability
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree