Principal Business Systems Analyst
|Santa Clara, California - United States
$140,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
They want someone already in a commutable distance to Santa Clara
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Work for one of the pioneers in the fintech space. Company vertical is venture backed startups. Stable, exciting company to work for.
Principal Business Systems Analyst - Santa Clara California
The Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) Business Systems Analyst is an Individual Contributor role that works with a wide range of cross-functional sponsors, teams and subject-matter-experts to ensure projects and initiatives meet their stated objectives on time and within budget. Generally you are responsible for the project portfolio and implementations within the FCRM group to include responsibility for planning for business activities, coordinating, doing gap analysis and business analysis, documenting and configuring workflows and business requirements, mapping activities, and at times leading the non-IT tasks and activities required on the project/initiatives. You will work with cross-functional teams to understand the business needs, configuration needs and translate them into meaningful business and system requirements that can be used by the technical team to develop a solution and configure business workflows. You develop change management strategies based on situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted. Your expertise equips you with the ability to develop and implement comprehensive plans across multiple initiatives simultaneously that lead to quality execution and sustainability which ultimately enables teams to achieve successful results. You are responsible for all aspects of the end user group (i.e. the Business) needs surrounding projects and initiatives to include Training, Coordination of Policy & Procedure updates and requirements meet business objectives and achieve alignment with IT partners. You create specific plans to address and mitigate these concerns. Your approach is forward-looking, holistic, comprehensive, action-oriented, flexible, and adaptable. You are analytical and organized with a natural inclination for planning and are resilient with a propensity to persevere.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the overall coordination, status reporting and stability for the business side of project oriented work efforts
- Apply project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet stated objectives.
- Develop and maintain a project plan in partnership with a team of cross-functional business subject-matter-experts.
- Track project progress/milestones and provide status reports as necessary.
- Identify and define current ‘As-Is’ processes and ‘To-Be’ processes across various business units.
- Work with cross-functional teams including subject matter experts from various departments and conduct gap analysis, requirements gathering sessions and document business needs in the form of Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD).
- Conduct JAD sessions.
- Document and Execute Test cases and Test scripts
- Participate in end user acceptance testing (UAT) and training
- Develop methodology documents based on self-initiated interviews, diagrams, surveys and workflow analysis
- Analyze requirements and deliver various artifacts if needed: Visio screen mock-ups, Interface designs, Data Mapping
- Configure business workflows in Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) 8.0.5 product and/or other platforms (if needed)
- May author business cases and estimate project costs and benefits (ROI, etc.)
- Partner with a range of managers and stakeholders across FCRM, impacted Business lines and other partners to identify, prioritize, plan and execute stated project objectives and goals.
- Design and implement effective change management strategies and plans that include the communication strategy, education and training approach, resistance to change, sustaining change after implementation, measuring expected benefits and ROI.
- Intermediate knowledge of Anti-money laundering (AML) disciplines to include KYC, Sanctions, AML Operations, Fraud and Compliance.
- Should have at least 8-10 years of professional experience and at least 6 years Business Systems Analysis and configuring workflows in financial tools and Project Management experience.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task own activities across diverse business units and geographical boundaries. Multi-tasking ability within a pressed timeframe is required.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new lines of business, processes, software, systems, and client needs
- Advanced skill in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Outlook, Oracle, Actimize, SQL, Data Warehousing, OBIEE, Reporting, SharePoint, Box, Pivot Charts, Pivot Tables, Jira tool.
- Advanced skill level in positively affecting business outcomes thorough understanding of the business issues and applying business acumen and insight into organizational dynamics
- Advanced skill level in influencing others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced ability to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Advanced skill level in making presentations to large audiences with diverse members--including senior leaders
- Advanced skill level in all aspects of communication (e.g., verbal, written, active listening)
- Advanced skill level in the design, development, implementation, and measurement of large-scale, cross-functional organization change projects
- Advanced experience leading large-scale, non-IT organizational change efforts
- Able to accommodate various time zones to support international business stakeholders and project teams
Advanced skill level in business Process Management, Project Management and Change Management techniques
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree