This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Principal Software Engineer DevOps|
|Job Location:||Santa Clara, California - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||25% Bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Company does very well in good economic times but insanely well in difficult economic times.
Principal Software Engineer - DevOps – Santa Clara, Calif
Work within our Clients DevOps team and be part of a group that helps ensure our applications can be developed and deployed using industry standard tools and technologies. Work at the forefront of build and deploy automation.
As a Principal Software Engineer, your primary responsibility will be supporting the development and delivery of the solutions/projects and initiatives being used by Development teams. The engineer will be responsible for setting up new build and deploy automation as well as troubleshooting/fixing existing. The role will be focusing on developing the solutions working closely with partner resources and onsite team members (development leads and systems analysts).
· Working experience with DevOps or Agile processes Develop CICD pipelines using BODM (Build once deploy multiple times) model
· Build continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines for the applications Design and develop reusable frameworks, components and libraries that can be leveraged by other teams
· Experience in administrating RHEL VMs
· Hands on experience with scripting languages like Bash/Shell or Python.
· Hands on experience in installing and configuring application/Web servers like Weblogic, Tomcat, apache and others
· Knowledge of programming language will be a plus
· Should have good proficiency in debugging and resolving issues
· Should have experience with hardening of webservers and configurations needed to secure them
· Administrative experience in Jenkins
· Should have experience in configuring and setting up Jenkins in Master Slave setup
· Hands on experience with creating Jenkins pipeline jobs using groovy
· Administration experience of other DevOps tools like SonarQube, Git, Checkmarx etc will be good to have
· Experience with Flyway DB and integrating it with Jenkins
· Should have experience with integration tools with Jenkins as part of pipeline setup
· Hands on experience with git concepts and ability to resolve conflicts
· Hands on experience in Docker and Kubernetes
· Should have experience creating docker files, deployment and service yaml
· Hands on experience with OpenShift will be good to have
· Should have experience integrating container deployment into the DevOps pipeline
· Hands on experience in any of the configuration management tools Ansible or Chef
· Should have good hands on experience AWS and aware of various networking and security concepts
· Experience with IAM policies and configuring them
· Experience in writing complex terraform scripts
· Experience automating infrastructure provisioning using terraform
· DevOps on AWS would be an added advantage
· Should have experience with the following components
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
· Problem solving and decision making skills Teamwork and Leadership skills Team management skills
· Ability to lead projects and work in a cross functional capacity with teams
· SME for toolsets and technologies
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree