This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Principal Software Engineer|
|Job Location:||North Haven, Connecticut - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||15 % Bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Exciting opportunity to join a global medical device company. Lot's of room for growth!
In this exciting role as a Principal Software Engineer you will work within the R&D engineering team to develop and support the company's next-generation minimally invasive platform. This Principal Software Engineer will develop embedded software for the MIS platform as well as provide technical guidance and ensure process compliance. This software will perform supporting functions, control and/or communicate with embedded computing hardware and other networked devices, and monitor/ respond to diverse conditions. In addition, s/he will work with cross-functional engineering teams to assist with the evaluation and integration of other technologies into the MIS platform.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS set the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
Designs and develops innovative medical device software for these cutting-edge platforms. Works with other software engineers and cross-functional personnel to design novel and creative software frameworks, algorithms, etc. Designs and implements software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment. Responsible for design, debug, and integration of embedded C applications running in a real-time OS environment. Develops low-level software for communicating with electronic hardware, particularly sensors and motors. Develops software to communicate with devices via network and/or embedded APIs. Integrate third-party software where appropriate. Provides input to other platform teams. Works with customers, vendors, or other technical or non-technical stakeholders to assess software needs and performance. Reviews code and interfaces with software quality assurance to ensure that all software meets medical device quality standards. Tests software and fix bugs.
Responsibilities may include the following and additional duties may be assigned:
· 8+ years of embedded software development experience in a process-oriented environment. Experience with IEC 62304 standard highly desirable.
· Must have practical programming experience delivering real products.
· Must demonstrate significant proficiency in C.
· Solid programming experience in C/C++, including C#
· Experience with real-time software on microprocessor-based systems. (knowledge of one or more real-time OS is desirable).
· Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
· Experience with test-driven development and unit testing strongly preferred.
· Proficiency with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
Nice to Have
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree