This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Principle Data Loss Prevention Consultant - Public Sector|
|Job Location:||Raleigh, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$105,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Supporting Public Sector customer in Raleigh, NC.Support Customer leadership and technicians for Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) products.Responsibilities include supporting the following efforts:
Assist in the hands-on implementation of multiple DLP solutions.
• Provide DLP subject matter expertise and thought leadership as an extended member of a customer team.
• Provide guidance, recommendations, best practices, etc. for DLP operations.
• Stabilize and optimize DLP system performance, including rules and reports.
• Assist with DLP component upgrades, installs, testing and configuration.
• Liaise with Symantec Support, Engineering, Product Management, and others within Symantec on behalf of the customer.
• Provide single point of contact and hands-on escalation and remediation for critical issues.
• Respond rapidly to unplanned events, including after hours for Severity 1 issues.
• Proactively communicate relevant technical information and alerts on known issues, hot fixes, new releases, etc.
• Provide regular status reports for critical incidents, projects and proactive services.
• Communicate professionally and effectively at all organizational levels.
• Keep the Account Team informed of major issues or new opportunities.
• Travel may be required to remote sites on an as-needed basis.
3+ years of experience administering, supporting, or consulting on Symantec DLP (Vontu) in a large enterprise customer environment.
• Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns.
• Working knowledge with compliance and regulation standards such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA.
• Working knowledge of operating system platforms, routers, web proxies (BlueCoat), network protocols, and security architecture.
• Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Oracle or competitive database platforms.
• Strong understanding of common categories and characteristics of malware.
• Superb written and verbal communications skills in English.
• Willingness to work out of normal business hours without prior notice (upon customer demand).
US Citizenship required (with 5 years documentable US residency).The candidates should be able to pass a Public Trust Clearance with a Civilian Government Agency.
Candidates should have expertise with the following product(s):
• Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Ideal candidates will also have expertise with the following product(s):
• Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
• Symantec Protection Engine (SPE) / Symantec Scan Engine (SSE)
• Symantec (Brightmail) Mail Gateway (SMG)
• Symantec (Fireglass) Threat Isolation
• Symantec (Blue Coat) ProxySG
• Symantec (Blue Coat) Content Analysis (CAS)
• Symantec (Blue Coat) Malware Analysis (MA)
Ideal candidates should have a Security+, Network+, or CISSP in good standing (to meet government certification requirements).Other relevant security certifications that are in good standing may also be acceptable, depending on the role of the consultant.
Former Government/DoD experience is preferred.