Principle Process Engineer
|Morgantown, West Virginia - United States
$100,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|15% Bonus Opportunity
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
DUTIES: This 100+ year old global chemical company seeks Principle Process Engineers for 3 of their plants. Freeport, TX which has about 200+ people, Morgantown, WV which has about 100 people and Newport TN which has about 50 people. This is very much a classical chemical process where a variety of unit operations are applied. This person will make process improvements to the plant while keeping it in compliance with safety standards .
Below is the clients description
General Description: The Principal Process Engineer is responsible for designing and specifying existing and new product/plant/process projects including calculations, flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, and equipment specifications in accordance with company standards and legal requirements. Also responsible for implementation and maintenance of the SIG Quality System. The Principal Process Engineer is an experienced and seasoned Process Engineer who runs programs/projects independently with little or no oversight. This role requires outstanding performance over a long period of time, and he/she is recognized by peers for a high level of knowledge and significant contribution.
- It is required of the Principal Process Engineer to be responsible for his/her’s own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- Adhere to all applicable EH&S regulations and Engineering Standards. Participate as needed in safety audits, incident investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies. Ensure company and statutory EHS standards are maintained, including Responsible Care.
- To participate, as required, in safety audits/inspections, event investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies, Six Sigma teams, project management teams, and project briefings. Ensure company and statutory EHS standards are maintained including Responsible Care.
- Complete all assigned and required safety training in a timely manner.
- To maintain, develop, and apply standards that ensure compliance with legislation, Responsible Care, and in fulfillment with the Shareholder’s expectations.
- Conceptual design and economic evaluation of processes or modifications and, with R&D personnel, to aid the smooth transition of projects from the laboratory to pilot plant to production, by identifying plant/process requirements, progression and commissioning of plant/process modifications.
- Development of equipment performance specifications.
- Providing heat and material balances for processes or process modifications.
- Pilot Plant and/or equipment testing of a process or process step
- Equipment manufacturers/suppliers and Engineering firms, technical evaluation
- Contract manufacturing evaluations.
- Detailed engineering review and Process Manual writing and to participate in various engineering aspects of capital projects.
- Start-up supervision of a new process or modification at pilot or commercial scale.
- With other specialist engineers and managers in the U.S. and other sites, to aid in the design, implementation, and improvement of new and existing projects and processes.
- Fulfill TSCA responsibilities as defined in the document titled “TSCA Compliance Management System Manual 2- TCMS Standard Operation Procedures by Job Title.
- Maintain relationships with plant and equipment suppliers, specialists, and consultants including various university faculty, and contactors of various disciplines.
- Lead significant engineering projects.
- Provide support, as needed, in all areas to the Sr. Director Engineering and Capital Planning.
- Stay current in the usage of job-related tools such as Aspen, PI, Autocad, etc.
- To participate in training courses and/or in-house training in support of the role and to keep abreast of developments in chemical engineering by attending specialist meetings and exhibitions and by reviewing technical literature.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Chem. Eng. from ABET accredited program minimum. Graduate level engineering or business education is beneficial.
- 15-25 years of experience typical
EXPERIENCE: BS Chemical Engineer From a good school and decent grades. Looking for 15-25 years of experience of process improvement. This person should come the Chemical Process, PetroChemical, Refining or related industries where unit operations are applied. Looking for someone who has done longer range process optimization not daily production engineering. Experience with doing P&ID’s, Flow Diagrams, Heat and Material Balances. Six Sigma and Process Safety is pretty much required. Other skills desired would be Process Simulation and Modeling. They will take someone from an E&C firm but should have worked at an operating company at some point. The don’t look kindly at job hoppers
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree