Principle Process and Project Engineer - Chemical
|Freeport, Texas - United States
$100,000.00 - $145,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|15% Bonus Opportunity
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This 100+ year old coompany is doing very well and spending money at their plants. This is a global company and they reward accomplishments
This Engineer will work at their 200+ person Chemical Plant. This person will initially be part of their 3 plant $60mm project. Will work with the E&C firms and other contractors currently the project is the detailed design part. Once this project is completed this engineer will focus on longer range process improvement
Below is the clients description
General Description: The Principal Process/Project Engineer is responsible for the design and specification of existing and new product/plant/process projects including technical calculations, flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, and equipment specifications in accordance with company standards and legal requirements to achieve the most effective, cost efficient project. Also responsible for compliance with SIG EHS and Quality Systems. The Principal Process/Project Engineer is an experienced Engineer who implements designs and projects independently with minimal oversight. This role requires significant delivery of value over extended periods of time, and the individual is recognized by peers as an SME and the ultimate level of knowledge and contribution.
- It is required of the Principal Process/Project Engineer to be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- Adhere to all applicable EH&S regulations and Engineering Standards. Participate as needed in safety audits, incident investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies.
- Ensure company and statutory EHS standards are maintained, including Responsible Care.
- To participate, as required, in safety audits/inspections, event investigations, Six Sigma teams, project management teams, and project briefings.
- Complete all assigned and required safety training in a timely manner.
- To maintain, develop, and apply standards that ensure compliance with legislation, Responsible Care, and in fulfillment with the Shareholder’s expectations.
- Fulfill TSCA responsibilities as defined in the document titled “TSCA Compliance Management System Manual 2- TCMS Standard Operation Procedures by Job Title.
- Provide for process simulations and other theoretical evaluations of complex chemical processes in order to define the optimal design basis from an operational and economic consideration.
- Providing heat and material balances for processes or process modifications, as needed.
- Development of equipment performance specifications.
- Detailed engineering review of Process Manual and participate in various engineering and construction aspects of capital projects.
- Conceptual design and economic evaluation of processes or modifications to aid the smooth transition of projects conceptual design to plant operations, by identifying plant/process requirements, oversight of shop/field construction activities, and commissioning of plant/process modifications.
- In coordination with other specialist engineers and managers in the U.S. and other sites - aid in the design, implementation, and improvement of new and existing projects and processes.
- Lead significant engineering projects.
- Conceptual scope definitions, risk assessments, design and economic evaluation of processes or facility modifications.
- Work with plant stakeholders to develop project scopes while including the appropriate engineering standards pertinent to the projects.
- Direct all aspects of project execution to ensure effective, timely and lowest overall cost of capital projects.
- Coordinate both in-house resources and external contractors to achieve project objectives.
- Provide all required project cost tracking and forecasting to realistically reflect outcomes for assigned projects.
- Maintain the risk profile on the project to acceptable levels, as defined by the project stakeholders and executive leadership expectations.
- Work with external engineering companies to complete the project engineering design and plant installation.
- Responsible for project installation, commissioning and process trouble-shooting.
- Provide oversight and management of contractors during project construction activities.
- Maintain relationships with equipment suppliers and specialists.
- Stay current in the usage of job-related tools such as Aspen, Excel, SAP, PI, Autocad, etc.
- To participate in training courses and/or in-house training in support of the role and to keep abreast of developments in chemical engineering by attending specialized meetings and exhibitions and by reviewing technical literature.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Chem. Eng. from ABET accredited program minimum
- Graduate level engineering or business education beneficialGroup technology and manufacturing capabilities
- Seasoned Project Management skills
- Well organized, able to lead multiple projects/teams
- Skilled at working in matrix environment, able to partner with other organizational leaders
- Effective leading/working in a multicultural environment
- Able to see and communicate the big picture, while driving teams to define and execute the details
- Able to work independently with high level of motivation
- Competent to evaluate and coordinate multi-discipline projects from conception through commissioning
EXPERIENCE: BS ChemE with 10 to 20 years of experience from the chemical process industry where unit operations are applied. They are looking for someone who has a variety of skill sets within the Process and Project Engineering Realm. This person should come from a plant environment with solid examples of completed projects and process improvements.
Along with Process and Project this person should have strong skills with PI&D, Heat and Material Balances, and overall strong process design skills.
Project experience should include process development for feasibility and FEED packages, coupled with technical support through detailed engineering and construction.
Should also have demonstrated Safety Health and Environment skills and experience related to PHA/LOPA/RHS.
Certifications and/or training with Six Sigma a plus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree