Principal Reliability Engineer
The Lead Reliability Engineer’s responsibilities will be in the Maintenance area. You will help to develop plans, programs and procedures related to improving plant equipment reliability in order to meet the plant objectives in such a manner as to promote the most effective utilization of maintenance personnel and equipment.
Plant Maintenance Support
- Provide technical repair expertise and troubleshooting focal point for plant equipment including: Pumps, Exchangers, Pressure Vessels, Storage Tanks, Piping, Etc.
- Develop and direct repair plans for major equipment failures and plant outages.
- Site administration of the CMMS which includes providing training on the system and managing the database.
- Provide cost savings initiatives in support of the Maintenance Budget.
- Safety advocate for Maintenance Department.
Plant Preventative Maintenance (PM) Process:
- Monitor and report PM (Preventive & Predictive) compliance and make recommendations to ensure timely completion of PM items.
- Optimize Plant preventative maintenance (PM) process
Plant and Equipment Reliability :
- Improve overall plant reliability through PM effectiveness
- Create and implement Maintenance metrics to reflect and track progress of reliability effectiveness.
- Monitor Maintenance OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) metrics to ensure the appropriate PM and Inspection processes are in place to meet plant objectives.
- Implement trigger criteria for, and drive, a failure analysis and Root Cause Analysis process for equipment downtime
- Act as a Champion for mechanical/electrical RCA processes and provide efficient actions for improvements.
- Act as focal point for Plant Fixed Fee Seal program with support from seal vendor
PSM Mechanical Integrity:
- Assume responsibility for and execute all portions of the PSM Mechanical Integrity Program
- Create necessary SOP's and implement PSM MI strategy to provide PM's and Inspection processes that are "value added" to the OEE metrics and Maintenance Cost.
- Technically support the NBIC National Board of Boilers and Pressure Vessels "Repair" and "Owner/User" certificates of authorization established to meet SC jurisdictional requirements for boiler and pressure vessel repairs.
ISO Quality Responsibilities and Authority
- Implement and follow SIG’s ISO-9002 programs, policies and procedures outlined by the ISO Standard. Cooperate with the department to meet the requirements of ISO-9002 programs, policies and procedures, and to ensure continued compliance through regular internal audits and team meetings.
Responsible Care Management Responsibilities and Authority
- Practice Responsible Care Management through active participation and adherence to the Guiding Principles of the Responsible Care Management System and contribute to the sustainability of the OSHA VPP Program by continuing to uphold the principles demonstrated as a STAR site
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Experience in Total Process Reliability (TPR), Mechanical Integrity and CMMS desirable
- 10 years of minimum experience in Reliability related functions
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook and CMMS
Critical Corporate Competencies: .
- Teamwork - Works effectively to the benefit of the team/group. Is a desired resource on team/group
- Communication- Presents ideas/information accurately and clearly both verbally and in writing; is a good listener; asks questions to assure understanding
- Simplification- Understands the concept of “lean” – incorporating speed and flexibility in all processes for a competitive advantage.
- Creative Thinking- Ability to solve problems by applying innovative ideas (“thinks outside the box”). Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Sense of Urgency- Positively inspires & motivates self and others. Expects success. Optimism. Motivation to accomplish goals. Being inspired.
- Prioritization - Analyzes and solves problems using a sound problem-solving strategy: gathers information, analyzes the problem using appropriate data and critical thinking
- Get Things Done- Effectively charters and executes projects. Makes data based decisions but is willing to modify decisions based on changes in circumstances.
Specific Functional Competencies:
- Act as Reliability SME (Subject Matter Expert) to provide technical support/training to improve the overall Maintenance mechanical and electrical workmanship to effectively obtain a World Class Reliability Program.
- Optimize Plant preventative maintenance (PM) and PSM MI process to improve overall plant reliability through PM effectiveness tracking, scheduling/planning improvements, corrective work orders as a result of PM tracking, lubrication program development, and PM process improvements
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to work off hours, as required, to support required maintenance and repair activities/TAR's
- Strong communication skills