This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
Process Control Engineer
|Baton Rouge, Louisiana - United States
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|14%, 6% match 401k, 4% retirement contribution
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Join a growing global chemical company
- Have career growth and be the "next generation" of company leadership
- Work on a site the company is investing into improving/creating standards & have a direct impact in "how" the site will be
- Great benefits, bonus (has been paying) and relo!
- Responsible for DCS (Honeywell) and PLC based control systems
- Other computer based systems, Data Historians, DCS Mapping, RTMS.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing software and hardware support
- Manage the Operations and Capital budgets and spending for site automation systems
- Establish and implement long-range systems migration plans to address obsolescence issues and to ensure systems capabilities are in line with advanced controls systems needs
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the controls system to ensure safety, improve quality, minimize financial leakage, increase production, and automate routine tasks
- Perform technical project-based duties concerning the planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and integration of systems
- Manage capital projects in excess of $1M
- Implement advanced process controls at the site
- Establish and maintain a 5-year plan for necessary upgrades to the DCS and control systems
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to read/write programming code, CL (AM and HPM), Visual Basic
- Program HMI and PLC’s using either ladder logic or Sequential Function Logic
- Other: (Spec and size control valves, Size and spec either d/p or other types of flow meters (Coriolis or Mag),
- Electrical support up to 480V systems, VFD’s, Motors, UPS systems
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, ability to vary style to meet needs
- High level of personal motivation with a drive for ownership and accountability in performance of job responsibilities
- 5+ years in a chemical plant manufacturing environment supported by an instrumentation background
- Hands-on experience with Honeywell TDC3000 and/or Experion systems and instrumentation
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree