Process Control Leader
|Baltimore, Maryland - United States
$120,000.00 - $145,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|16% bonus, 100% match (6%) 401k & 4% retirement contribution
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Join a growing global chemical company
- Have career growth and be the "next generation" of company leadership
- Lead a standardization of the company's controls systems - Going to Honeywell & Rockwell
- Great benefits, bonus (has been paying) and relo!
The Process Control Leader will be responsible for developing and implementing a 2-3 year plan to improve and standardize company controls systems. The plan will include assessing and upgrading existing infrastructure, including DCS/PLC systems, trending/analysis tools, and field instrumentation. The position will also work with the manufacturing network to implement improved controls strategies and intelligent/advanced process control systems.
- Develop a vision and strategy for controls systems across the company, including software/hardware infrastructure, instrumentation requirements, optimized control strategies, and advanced process control systems.
- Develop overall capital expenditure plan and timing associated with the plan.
- Lead discovery and selection of key partners and suppliers for future investments in process control
- Interact with manufacturing sites and process technology group to identify and implement optimized basic and advanced control strategies
- Document control design standards and strategies for common unit operations in the manufacturing process
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to manage and collaborate with internal and external resources
- Ability to manage complex projects across many facilities and functions
- Analytical skills for process development, administration and documentation
- BS or MS in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical)
- 12+ years of technical experience in a manufacturing environment
- 10+ years of experience with process controls including control systems, instrumentation, and process automation in a chemical environment
- Process experience in wet and dry material handling systems
- Weight loss control and instrumentation technology in bulk handling environment
- Leadership experience in migrating process controls systems
- Ability to travel 25+%
- Knowledge of current Honeywell and Rockwell controls technology strongly preferred
- Strong operations and project management experience in a related industry preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree