|Title:||Process Engineer - Manufacturing|
|Job Location:||Hickory, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
We are looking for a senior process engineer who will assist all departments to assure production processes are performing properly with respect to safety, quality and production; assists in data collection, training and documentation of assigned projects. They are responsible for the planning and execution of continuous improvement projects in the Stony Point facility, as well as overall process stability in the plant, including understanding plant priorities and coordinating appropriate Lean Six Sigma projects at each level within the plant. They will also mentor other plant engineers, manage engineering Co-Ops, help develop continuous improvement in operations, and adhere to all company safety and operating policies.
• Recommends process improvements to plant/production managers.
• Undertakes projects as assigned by the Stony Point plant manager, including at the lean six sigma green belt and/or black belt level, and manages them through completion.
• Provides process data as recommended for standard and experimental products.
• Assists product development project leaders when running experimental trials, and makes recommendations to product development on adjusting specifications and process conditions.
• Assists department managers as required in completing projects and monitoring new processes.
• Assists maintenance and project engineering, as required, upon installation of new or modified equipment.
• Manage the project list for hourly yellow belt employees and mentor hourly employees to bring projects to completion.
• Mentor other plant engineers, and manages engineering Co-Ops/interns.
• Proposes capital improvement projects and supervises the activities of contracted personnel as needed for capital projects assigned.
• Coordinates activities of support personnel and manufacturing to resolve process problems.
• Assists in training operators on process awareness, monitoring and control.
• Assures that safe work practices and company policies are adhered to at all times.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
• Four-year BS degree in engineering
• Green Belt certification in Six Sigma / Lean Six Sigma (Black Belt certification preferred)
• 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with proven process improvement leadership
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially spreadsheets and word processing
• Excellent verbal and written language skills, including the ability to clearly communicate technical details from operators to executives.
• Can relate plant processes, limitations to business and plant goals and needs.
• Ability to read and understand laws and regulatory guidelines
• Ability to identify, scope, propose, and implement capital improvement projects as assigned
• Strong familiarity with various manufacturing environments and equipment
• Possesses a good working knowledge of engineering principles and practices
• Possesses a strong work ethic and can function effectively with little or no supervision
• Must be able to travel between plants and walk around plant facilities
• Must be able to access all levels/areas of the facility
• Regular walking and standing
• Frequent or occasional talking, lifting, climbing, pushing/pulling, reaching, bending, sitting, typing/writing WORK
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree