Process Engineer - Manufacturing
|Hickory, North Carolina - United States
$75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Process Engineer who will work to assure relevant metrics for safety, quality, delivery, and cost for the organization are met and trending in the right direction. Implementation of continuous improvement are key.
- Act as lead technical reference for internal and external customers in the case of materials, coatings and assembly application.
- Read, analyze and discuss customer-required specifications managing all qualification kick-off meetings and put decisions into actions.
- Develop coating/post-coating processes based on customer requirements, focusing mainly to create robotic programs, verify and interpret results in cooperation with the Metallographic Laboratory and the Technical Leader. Qualify new products/processes from kick-off to full release and continuously improve the existing ones.
- Support production costs quotation and related feasibility study. Project leadership to continually decrease manufacturing costs.
- Determine and approve the process standards of a new component. Meet NPI qualification stage gates and milestones, and provide customer products corresponding to the required quality specifications.
- Develop, check, and improve component standards in order to promote actions for cost savings and process standard improvement.
- Participate in Root Cause Corrective Action activities to permanently eliminate defects. Utilize 8D and DMAIC approach for problem solving and non-conformances.
- Adhere to the Company's Quality and Safety Management System and in accordance with its procedures and requirements.
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to improve Key Performance Indicators for safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Participate in Kaizen events, promote positive employee environment, and community involvement.
- All other duties as assigned.
• Four-year BS degree in engineering
• Green Belt certification in Six Sigma / Lean Six Sigma (Black Belt certification preferred)
• 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with proven process improvement leadership
• Ability to identify, scope, propose, and implement capital improvement projects as assigned
• Strong familiarity with various manufacturing environments and equipment
• Possesses a good working knowledge of engineering principles and practices
• Possesses a strong work ethic and can function effectively with little or no supervision
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree