Process Engineer - Solids Processing
|Nanuet, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is ready to hire an innovative mechanically inclined Engineer with experience scaling-up processes that involve solids processing & solids handling. #readytohire
What’s good about this company?
- Contribute in this environmentally friendly “green” process development effort
- All employees have a vested interest in success.
- Great diversity of work - an opportunity to grow and learn new skills while making an immediate impact and contribution to the business.
This employer respects your ability to learn and grow. They hire people rather than skills-sets.
Process Engineer – Solids and Chemical Processing
Work Location: There will potentially be a long-term hybrid work model – partially on-site and work from home. Rockland County NY (near the NY- NJ state border – map search Nanuet NY)
In support of process development and process design effort, you will be a key contributor on the team responsible for decontaminating solid feedstocks and getting them into a workable form to feed the downstream reactive process.
- Solve material handling and solids processing problems through vendors (trials) and in partnership with toll manufacturers and engineering contractors.
- Scale-up from small trials through to commercialization.
- Participate in commercial plant design.
- Partner with the chemical process development team as they scale-up the FCC process using the feedstocks that your team provides.
- Review your co-worker’s Pilot Plant reports (from the reactive process) for information that pertains to adjustments in solid feed properties, composition, and particle size.
- Partner with the catalyst team to understand what aspect of the feedstocks may contaminate the catalyst and developed processes to” clean” or decontaminate these materials.
- Understand basic supply chain limitations and learn more about industries that supply the solids.
Application Background Requested: (Things to mention in your cover letter)
Experience troubleshooting solids handling equipment and reworking off-spec manufactures plastics products (recycle back into the extrusion or molding process). You are strongly encouraged to apply if you meet the education requirements plus the top 3 experience requirements below (Sorry no sponsorship or OPT.)
- A minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or related. Master’s or PhD degree in engineering is preferred.
- 5 – 40 years of experience in plastics processing (extrusion, blow molding, thermoforming, and/ or quality reworks etc.) There is a wide salary range to cover various skills levels.
- Knowledge of solid handling and processing equipment (i.e. grinders & crushers, screening, conveyors, solids washing, filtration etc )
- Modeling of a solids handling processes is desirable. (g-Prom, Fluent, Python, or ASPEN plus etc. )
- Comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with simple drawing software like Visio or AutoCAD.
- Experience with engineering design of plastic reworking, recycling, and waste sorting processes.
- Desirable but not required (you might want to mention this is a cover letter):
- Has spent some time in a Materials Recovery Facility (MRF)
- Experience in materials handling of various woodchips or other biomass feedstocks.
- Named on patents as a show of Innovation are desires.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without restrictions. (By definition, a common restriction is requiring sponsorship now or after your OPT expires.)
University - Master's Degree