|Champaign, Illinois - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Privately held company that is growing. New position.
Process Engineer – Technology Transfer
Our client manufactures well recognized OTC drug, cosmetic and consumable device products that are distributed in multiple countries. This hands-on position is a vital intermediary role working closely with R&D/Product Development and Manufacturing to guide products proactively and seamlessly from pilot to production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with R&I product development on formulations, raw material functionality and interactions, to proactively manage processing parameters and scale-up from Pilot to Production.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions for compounding and filling of new products while maintaining consistent product quality.
- Oversee the development of detailed manufacturing documents to move products from R&D to commercialization.
- Apply experience regarding raw materials and the effects of processing them under shear, temperature, and other processing conditions to both R&I and manufacturing.
- Work with Surfactant systems, Water-in-Oil and Oil-in-Water emulsions and Processing of the same.
- Lead Technology transfer; Lab scale to Pilot to Manufacturing.
KEY SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree (Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Experience in writing and executing Batch Records, Validation Protocols and Validation reports
- Experience in Cosmetic/OTC or similar manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable of Quality regulations for Cosmetic, Medical Device and OTC Products
- Detail oriented and able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Spanish speaking skills a plus
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree