This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Chicago, Illinois - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
Lump sum sign on for a renter.
Company is one of the worlds largest in their area of specialty and provides a variety of products to customers in more than 60 industries including the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and animal feed industries. Voted as one of America's Best Big Companies to work for by a prominent financial magazine. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Commutable from downtown Chicago Lakefront as well as Chicago suburbs.
- Will execute capital projects from conception through start-up, monitor process conditions taking action as required to ensure optimal performance, and initiate and implement process improvements to allow the plant to meet operational and fiscal goals.
- Design and implement capital permits, projects, and engineering studies as assigned to support plant goals. Manage projects within budget, delivering targeted return on investment in compliance with ethics, safety, and engineering standards.
- Provide technical support to maintenance and operations groups including process studies, troubleshooting, process optimization, and maintenance of historical data to identify, monitor and control key operating parameters. Lead plant efforts in continuous improvement.
- Provide technical support to the plant safety professional on facility safety initiatives.
- Assess new technologies and ideas, develop and evaluate new concepts to improve the efficiency and the capability of the process and improve product quality.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of process systems involved in plant operations such as basic chemistry, heat and material balances, P&ID development, mechanical and physical/chemical separations, evaporation, crystallization, drying, material handling and energy management. - Relevant industries include chemicals, petrochemicals, food ingredients and related.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement action plans and follow-up to assure effective results.
- Ability to successfully manage and implement multiple capital projects and perform engineering functions in a plant environment.
- Capable of handling complex technical assignments with minimal supervision.
- Prefer local but some relocation assistance is available.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree