|Job Location:||Cleveland, Ohio - United States|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||potential bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
This position is open due to retirement and they offer potential to grow your career to managment. Good benefits, 3 weeks PTO, possible bonus
The Process Engineer (PE) is responsible for process manufacturing of laminates, thermoplastics and other materials/products. This will include improving environmental, health and safety aspects; optimizing the use of production equipment; continuous improvement of throughput and first-time quality to improving manufacturing processes; and assisting in the process development and manufacturing implementation of new products. This includes scale up of new processes, including equipment installation, upgrade, and maintenance. It requires optimization of Process Engineering Guidelines to ensure reliability and reproducibility of processes prior to release to Manufacturing.
• Demonstrates values and shares the organizational commitment to ensuring quality products and processes.
• Participates in and/or leads root cause analysis and implementation of permanent corrective action in coordination with the Quality team.
• Identifies opportunities for, participates in and/or leads cycle time reduction activities with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Interfaces with Engineering & Technology and Sales teams for new product development projects to ensure safe and cost-effective manufacturability.
• Develops process maps, FMEAs, control plans, and Standard Work Instructions for various processes.
• Collaborates with Plant Project Engineering, Maintenance and Operations teams to select, install, upgrade and maintain equipment to effectively improve safety and quality, reduce cost and increase throughput and capacity.
• Completes necessary collection and analysis of data to meet project objectives.
• Identifies and leads process and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Supports implementation and maintenance of continuous improvement activities, such as 5S/6S, MDI, 6-Sigma, Visual Management, etc.
• Authors and distributes comprehensive and concise project reports to summarize test results and update project status.
• Researches and completes feasibility studies of new equipment/technology and process advancements to improve quality, reduce costs, increase efficiencies, improve yields or improve equipment utilization.
• Completes or directs any necessary process or product performance testing.
• Provides assistance regarding equipment design, modification, installation, and follow-up to ensure safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
• Supports development and implementation of in-process and final inspection procedures and test requirements in support of these procedures in conjunction with Quality team.
• Initiates First Article Inspections as required to facilitate timely and effective completion of the process.
• Travels to suppliers, equipment vendors, customers, or participate in training, etc. (approximately 10%)
• Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline (Chemical, Materials, Polymer, Industrial, or Mechanical).
• >3 years of related experience in an industrial environment
• Proven success as a project leader or individual contributor on cross-functional process and product development teams.
• Experience with IS09000 or similar quality systems, including modifying written work instructions and operational procedures, and following controlled document protocols.
• Proven prioritization, organization, and project management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly functional in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and other MS Office products.
• Ability to effectively problem solve in a deadline driven environment, using problem-solving tools such as 8D.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply SPC methods.
• Ability to work both self-directed and as a cross-functional team leader/member.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply lean manufacturing concepts, developing standard work, continuous improvement and cost reduction principals.
• Willing and able to spend significant time on the manufacturing floor interacting with equipment and operations team members.
• Willing to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including some weekends/evenings/nights,
• Educational emphasis in material/polymer science preferred.
• Prior experience in the manufacture of functional aesthetic products, web handling, converting processes, plastics, and related process equipment and techniques.
• Industrial control experience, including PLC control systems and programming process control loops.
• Firsthand experience with MRP software, building BOMs, and management of change
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree