This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Covington, Virginia - United States
$95,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunty for a chemical engineer to work in picturesque Virginia
- Supporting safety, environmental, and sustainability initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
- Performing various process evaluations and calculations, e. g. sizing equipment, mass and energy balances, and fluid flows.
- Determining necessary improvements to the plant processes by running trials and interpreting results to drive improvements in quality, production rates, and production costs.
- Defining process and equipment requirements for new products and plant expansions.
- Developing equipment specifications and commissioning plans, ensuring that the equipment is safe and meets the needs of manufacturing.
- Acting as the liaison between production and project managers.
- Trouble shooting equipment and developing permanent solutions to address recurring issues.
- Leading/participating in OPEX, Six Sigma, and lean activities to sustain continuous improvement
- Supporting production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; Chemical Engineering preferred, but Mechanical Engineering degree with related industrial experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years' production and/or process related engineering experience required.
- Experience with extrusion processes, solids processing and handling preferred but not required.
- Green belt six sigma certification preferred, but related statistical process data analysis experience considered.
- Excellent technical and engineering skills, written and verbal communication skills including leading group meetings/projects.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of safety and environmental regulations.
- Understanding of Human Resources goals relating to EEOC, Affirmative Action, and Diversity.
- 0-10% travel required.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree