|Denver, Colorado - United States
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Case by case. Lump sum.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global specialty pharmaceutical manufacturer and a leading provider of contract manufacturing services to proprietary pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies for formulation development, scale up and commercialization of complex processes, ideas and projects. Will be part of a team of Technical Experts for the site. The environment is casual with a strong desire to be successful. Beautiful location North of Denver at the base of the Rocky Mountains.
- Act as company expert/resource regarding pharmaceutical process engineering, project management including process design and process scale-up.
- Develop and recommend new process improvements and new technologies to achieve cost effectiveness and improve product quality
- Establish operating equipment specifications and recommend improvements to manufacturing techniques. Participate in new product scale-up, process development and optimization, technology transfer and process validation activities
- Interface directly with manufacturing staff and quality staff in order to ensure that processes and designs are compatible for new product technology transfer and meet API requirements
- Draft SOPs to document new process procedures or writes revisions to recognize changes through optimization or technology change
- Train manufacturing technicians in practical and theoretical aspects of process operations Interface with outside contractors or technical consultants to solicit aid in problem solving or to oversee work performed by outside contractors
- Assist manufacturing operations staff with problem solving and troubleshooting when process or equipment difficulties arise
- Improve safety conditions of complex systems or processes, for reducing waste, and for support of environmental compliance
- Will work closely with the Scientists in the development and transfer to new API development into manufacturing.
- In this role you will oversee a variety of projects. You will spend considerable time on scale up work from lab through pilot plant to manufacturing.
- BS in Chemical Engineering with 6+ years of process/process development engineering experience in a manufacturing or pilot scale facility. Performance at this level assumes an in-depth knowledge of process chemistry as well as engineering techniques sufficient to show independent design capability.
- Experience in API Manufacturing a plus but will consider batch fine/specialty chemicals (reaction chemistry) particularly under cGMP guidelines.
- Knowledge of specific techniques such as crystallization, chromatography, solvent recovery, and chemical synthesis. Knowledge of current state of the art of cGMPs.
- Previous experience working in conjunction with process scientists doing design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis, performing pilot scale trials and setting parameters for scale up to full scale production.
- Able to lead teams in the development, transfer, trouble-shooting and optimization of chemical processes as well as in the implementation of capital projects
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree