This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Washington, Georgia - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Position Summary: The Process Engineer is responsible for optimizing our processes to reduce waste, increase productivity and improve quality. The Process Engineer will work closely with operating personnel and our technical group to achieve these results. The position will report directly to the Plant Manager and become an integral part of the plant staff. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for process improvement efforts aimed at reducing gross and net scrap.
• Provides “hands on” process and equipment support.
• Develop plant process improvement programs that improve consistency and control of current manufacturing processes (SOP’s) (Kaizen).
• Develop and foster operational discipline in our processes.
• Provide technical training for operating personnel, including training on resins, extrusion, winding etc.
• Investigations of new methods to improve plant performance including equipment, statistical tools, troubleshooting methods etc.
• Determines priorities with the Plant Manager, implements assigned projects and maintains detailed documentation as required.
• Stays informed concerning new manufacturing technology and equipment, and investigates their potential application.
• Develops control procedures and trains personnel on the same.
• Integrate product quality into process plan.
• Responsible for promoting safety awareness and keeping safety as a high priority on a daily basis.
• Track and communicate plant performance data to the operator level.
• Additional duties as defined by management
Degree and/or combination of experience and education plus at least five years experience in plastics extrusion operations.
Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
Results oriented and able to handle multiple projects.
Must possess good communications skills, both written and oral.
Demonstrates organizational and team building skills.Strong analytical, numerical, statistical, computer and reasoning skills.
Excellent Microsoft Excel experience.
Strong presentation skills.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree