Process Engineer, blown film
|Bowling Green, Kentucky - United States
$70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Company sells pakaging material in the foods and pharma indusrtries. They need a Blown Film Process Engineer in this stable environment
- Works with the Extrusion department to continuously improve products and safety, quality and manufacturing processes in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Provides the necessary process documentation for the Extrusion operations.
- Coordinate implementation of any new processes in manufacturing including follow up on equipment and installation.
- Provide technical support to Extrusion manufacturing operations to insure a consistent, standardized manufacturing process is established and followed.
- Develop and implement training on current and revised processes and procedures.
- Reviews process parameters and equipment parameters and performance for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, personnel safety, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Implement cost savings ideas that have been identified as potentially feasible.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of department and plant budgets.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Materials or Mechanical Engineering or similar degree
- Minimum 2 years process engineering experience with a background in film extrusion (additional knowledge of printing, wide web handling, laminations, inks and adhesives is helpful).
- Must have polyethylene extrusion experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with others at all levels.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and direct employees.
- Must be detail-oriented.
Capable of, and commit to follow the plant and departmental safety procedures, food safety guidelines and ISO procedure
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Good mathematical skills.
- Continuous learning will be expected
- Able to work overtime as required
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree