This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
Process Engineer, extrusion
|Waynesboro, Georgia - United States
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great chance for an extrusion process engineer to work a manufacturer that is growing
- Supporting safety, environmental, and sustainability initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
- Perform daily process review of trends, quality data, and environmental data.
- Support operator training for technical and process responsibilities.
- Initiate and develop process improvements, including safety and productivity.
- Initiate and develop ideas for capital projects and coordinate with the project engineering group to execute approved projects.
- Lead and support operators with troubleshooting (quality, mechanical, process, etc.).
- Address and resolve customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Maintain all requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Collaborate with maintenance team members to coordinate preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance.
- Work with the Maintenance Department to reduce unplanned downtime.
- Initiate, coordinate, and complete MOCs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; Materials or Chemical Engineering preferred, but other degrees with related industrial experience will also be considered.
- 5+ year of industrial/manufacturing related experience required
- 2+ years extrusion related experience required.
- Experience with ceramic/paste extrusion processes, solids processing and handling preferred
- Experience identifying process issues, analyzing data, and implementing corrective actions.
- Excellent technical and engineering skills, written and verbal communication skills including leading group meetings/projects.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to learn different approaches or methods; engage in self-initiated learning.
- Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Understanding of safety and environmental regulations.
- 0-10% travel required.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree