Process Engineering Manager
|Nashville, Tennessee - United States
$110,000.00 - $155,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Industry leader is seeking a "high potential" candidate to be their next Process Engineering Manager. Great opportunity in Nashville, TN., the State capital, home to Vanderbilt University, legendary music venues including the Grand Ole Opry House and the Country Music Hall of Fame. No state income tax. Excellent relocation and benefit package.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies to reduce waste and process variation.
- Supervise a team of process engineers
- Drive continuous improvement at multiple manufacturing sites in regards to process efficiencies, yields, production rates, process standardization and costs.
- Implement best practices across manufacturing sites.
- Serve as Process/Subject Matter Expert for manufacturing processes as well as for capacity expansions and new technologies.
- Work closely with the Research and Development regarding new products and technologies.
- Assess manufacturing support and project needs, and staff process engineering resources as appropriate to meet needs.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering. (Chemical preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of work as a process engineer, including 3+ years of process engineering supervisory experience.
- Experience in the chemical/process industry (chemicals, petrochems, consumer products, plastics/urethanes) but should have front end reaction chemistry experience.
- Six Sigma and / or Lean Manufacturing certification. Black Belt a plus
- Advanced technical/process skills with the ability to troubleshoot processing and equipment problems. Well versed in process characterization, control charts, DOE, process flow, modeling.
- Multi-site or unit process engineering management experience.
- Track record of managing productivity / cost savings programs and delivering on savings targets.
- Able to travel up to 50%
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree