Process Engineering Technician
|Meriden, Connecticut - United States
$60,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Join a passionate team! Looking to fill a Process Engineering Technician located in Meriden, CT. Excellent time to join a growing company.
Responsible for continuous improvement with close supervision from Operations Manager. Core focus includes: Lean value stream mapping/process support and implementation, process monitoring (by applying cost effective methods using Six Sigma), statistical process control, control plans, FMEA etc. - to drive improvements in safety, productivity, and quality. Provide full support within all manufacturing departments and organization to serve as a technical expert. Needs to excel in the application of continuous improvement skills, driving improvement initiatives, using cross-function teams, while maintaining positive employee relations, team-oriented, problem solving and accountability.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible to help lead lean manufacturing efforts and can manage safety, productivity, and quality improvement projects to support rapid improvement.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of process capability.
- Can do Measurement systems analysis and report on gage variation verses process variation
- Develop cross functional Kaizen teams to address organizational wide continuous improvement initiatives. Lead Kaizen events focused on efficiency improvements and cost reduction efforts, report progress to management. Follow-up Kaizen events and ensure proper metrics are installed to ensure sustainment of improvements.
- Provides solutions to manufacturing process problems utilizing lean principles. Modifying cell layouts utilizing lean value stream principles where feasible. Identifies and recommends improvements of accurate cell capacity and production rates.
- Understands and applies TPM (Preventative Maintenance) to equipment and facilities. Implement and maintain Visual Factory and 5 S systems on the production floor and in support areas. Identify wasteful activities and understand why they should be eliminated using Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Ensure repeatable product quality and on-time delivery to our customer base. Assist in the development and implementation of corrective action. Proficient in 5Y, Fishbone, and mistake proofing techniques.
- Assist in company-wide MRP software implementation.
- Required Associates Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years of process control and improvement experience in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Minimum Six Sigma Certificate: Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with OSHA regulations, workplace safety programs, basic ergonomics.
- Basic ERP / MRP software knowledge a must; Intermediate / expert ERP / MRP software knowledge preferred.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years