Product Development Engineer
|Toledo, Ohio - United States
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is working in an office for a manufacturer in the plastics manufacturing industries. This position is for injction & compression. Project Management, R &D are the main responsibilities.
- Project team leader with the authority to execute within the boundaries of the project, and the accountability to deliver the results of a project in the context of agreed-upon internal or external customer expectations, commitment and constraints
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of projects from concept, quoting, product development, unit tooling, and commercialization
- Act as technical counterpart to the commercial leader (sales / account manager) and control all project aspects including cost, timeline, and specifications.
- Has responsibility for development, execution, and maintenance of a current project plan and decisions regarding the project within the overall envelope of approved time, cost and scope; can change strategy, approach or activity definitions to accomplish the same results within the same window Has authority to execute the project in order to reach the intended results. Has the power to enforce or influence behaviors or actions of the project team that are necessary to attain the results for which they are being held accountable
- Direct technical interface with customers - sole responsibility to develop and communicate time, cost, and deliverable project components, either direct or through the Account Manager
- Must be assertive, creative and data driven to keep projects on time and within budget to meet deliverables while practicing intelligent risk management (such as FMEA) with consultation from team members, peers, and senior management
- Responsible for reporting deviations on time, cost, and deliverable project components to senior management as project progresses
- Responsible for adherence to , industry, and/or regulatory procedures
- Responsible for closing a project and conducting a post project review for the continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years’ experience with injection and/or compression molding
- Ability to travel as needed 30%
- Knowledge in statistical methods and programs
- Project Management experience required
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required for data driven project management
- Closure experience in carbonated soft drink and/or hot fill a plus
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree