Product Engineer - Night Vision
|Southfield, Michigan - United States
$80,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
You'll also be part of the team handling integration and the move into production, interacting with team members at all levels.
Summary of the Product Engineer - Night Vision:
Our client, a global leader in ADAS technology, is looking for a Product Engineer to join their growing team in Southeast Michigan. In this position, you'll use your knowledge of vehicle hardware and software technology to adapt cutting-edge night vision products to specific client needs. You'll also be part of the team handling integration and the move into production, interacting with team members at all levels.
Responsibilities of the Product Engineer - Night Vision:
- Become a key member of an application design team for automotive Night Vision ECUs and electronics
- Project Team Support
- Troubleshoot ECU and system level issues, occurring both internally and at the customer
- ECU configuration file creation, validation and release for pre/production vehicles
- Hands-on support of product builds and major validation activities (DV/PV)
- Preparation and validation of engineering and customer product samples
- Development and design release activities in compliance with Veoneer process and systems
- Participate and contribute to technical discussions both internally and with the Customer
- Product Domain Interface
- Understand details and interactions related to product electrical, software and mechanical domain architectures/implementations
- Support domain specific engineers in bridging to other product domains
- Be the technical link between the core product design team and the customer support team
- Interface product knowledge to ECU manufacturing
- Tool Support
- Define the need for, and use of, project specific tools to support product development
- ECU diagnostic communication (via CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.)
- ECU/MCU data flash programming
- ECU load simulation (load box) design and enhancement
- ECU configuration
- Data analysis/review
- BSEE (or BSCE) with 2+ years of experience in automotive electronic/embedded technology.
- A solid, systems-level knowledge of automotive hardware and software systems, with the ability to create product specifications.
- Experience with GM processes and systems (such as GM-LAN and GM Global B electrical architecture) is a plus.
- Problem solving with teamwork, while also self-motivated and showing high degree of personal initiative
- The ability to understand electrical schematics and technical documentation, along with basic lab skills (soldering, hand tools, etc.)
- Introductory experience and/or course work in programming (C, VBA, Python, etc.)
- Effective verbal and written English language communication, with a professional attitude
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree