|Indianapolis, Indiana - United States
$85,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great company, in business over 50 years. They manufacturing seating and restraints for trucks, buses, emergency vehicles, off road, etc. They are leaders in their niche.
The essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Support the design and development of safety restraint systems and mechanisms using Stage-Gate New Product Development process.
- Perform calculations in the fields of engineering mechanics, statics, dynamics, kinematics, strength of materials, or other disciplines in support of project requirements.
- Provides guidance to supporting team members for designs, drawings, requisitions, etc. to meet regulatory, process, mechanical and project requirements.
- Work collaboratively to execute projects with various internal competencies i.e. Testing, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality and Finance.
- Support Customers with technical information and initiatives. This can include developing and/or creating: design concepts, CAD models, prototypes and technical reports/presentations.
- Engage with suppliers to accomplish key outsourcing activities like part sourcing or contract design.
- Develop and execute validation testing to qualify designs through the product development process.
- Ability to oversee and manage multiple projects at a time and prioritize work.
- Gain peer and management product insight through informal and formal design reviews.
- Fully supports company programs, policies, and objectives.
- Travel, domestically or internationally to suppliers, customers, seminars, or other destinations. Maintain a valid passport in the event of international travel. Travel not expected to exceed 15%.
Not looking for a design release engineer but an engineer that has actually designed and developed componts. Someone out of automotive is required. Electro-mechanical product background highly desired. Someone with mechanisms or; airbags, seats, seat belts, (or similar).
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 2-7 years of Product Design experience, preferably in mechanism design.
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Proficient with 3D solid modeling design software, Solidworks preferred.
- Plastics, Stampings, and Sheet Metal design development experience required.
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Self-starter; a “can do” individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Collaborative leader and team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering field (BSME, BSMET) required.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree