This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Snyder, Nebraska - United States|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Worldwide|
Product Engineer in Snyder, NE. Company will assist with relocation.
SUMMARY: The Product Engineer is responsible for production design, development, testing, release and support of products and systems for Specialty Fire Apparatus.
• Participate in the design, development and implementation of products and systems to meet production schedule demands, new product development and sustaining efforts in support of Business Unit Goals
• Develop designs and engineering bills of material based on customer specifications and use of his/her own technical expertise, understanding of the customer needs and knowledge of the industry
• Apply fundamental engineering principles to ensure designs meet established company- and industry-specific technical and product standards
• Produce engineering documentation including 3D models and assemblies, production assembly drawings, detailed manufacturing drawings, bills of material, etc.
• Support senior engineers on completion of tasks related to new product development and field issue resolution
• Communicate with cross-functional teams consisting of Sales, Design, Analysis, Validation, Materials, Purchasing, Quality and Operations
• Support continuous improvement activities in areas of cost, reliability and functionality
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Engineering required
• Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in engineering field
• Strong working knowledge of SolidWorks
• Experience using and interpreting the results of structural FEA
• Understanding of field loads and the ability to convert into FEA conditions
• Ability to analyze and apply appropriate functional tolerances including use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Energetic, motivated and innovative team player
• Working knowledge of material specifications, properties and processing techniques
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction to bring engineering projects to completion, on time and within budget
• Design experience with emphasis on design and release process and creation of engineering bills of material
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Versatile, flexible and a willingness to adapt to changing priorities
• Able to interface effectively with and develop relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree