Product Engineering Manager
|Southfield, Michigan - United States
$125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an opportunity to work on the most exciting technologies in the automotive industry, for a company with deep roots in the field.
Summary of the Product Engineering Manager - Vision System
A Product Engineering Manager - Radar is needed for a direct-hire position at one of our best long-term clients based in Michigan. This company is an industry leader in cutting-edge ADAS and autonomous driving technologies. For this position, they're looking for someone to oversee the entire development effort, including hardware, software, and mechanical, for next-generation radar systems. This is an opportunity to work on the most exciting technologies in the automotive industry, for a company with deep roots in the field.
Responsibilities of the Product Engineering Manager - Vision System
- Lead the Product Design Team in the development of advanced automotive technology products in accordance with PDS (Product Development System)
- Technology that supports restraint controls, vision/radar/LiDAR systems, and ADAS/AV
- Product Development Team will include members from hardware, software, systems, safety, security, mechanical, product assurance, and manufacturing
- Primary technical contact for the customer and Product Development Team
- Read and interpret customer specifications and ensure requirements are documented and incorporated into the product design
- Participate in the development of mechanical, electrical, and software domain and manufacturing technical requirements and specifications
- Ensure test and analysis coverage validates that the design meets all requirements
- Ensure manufacturing in a robust process
- Responsible for delivery of design work products (FMEA, FTA, WCA, Testability, Requirement Bilateral Traceability, others)
- Solve technical issues associated with customer and product demand
- Drive failure analysis and present to the customer
- In conjunction with Line Managers, ensure the proper internal processes and procedures are followed
- Provide development work plan to the Project Manager
- Assist Project Manager with deliverables
- Manage engineering part release and change control
- Global travel required to manufacturing facilities and customer sites
- Must have minimum Bachelor's Science Degree or equivalent
- Must have minimum 7+ years industry experience in the design, manufacture and/or testing of automotive electronic/embedded products. Aerospace experience may also be considered.
- Background as a Design Lead, Technical Project Manager, or similar level position.
- Must have experience with total, technical products responsibility. This includes bridging the hardware, software, and mechanical domains.
- Experience taking projects through the entire development life-cycle, including production support.
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills
- Experience in vision systems or other ADAS technologies is a plus.
- Manufacturing & quality experience in automotive industry preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree