|Evansville, Indiana - United States
$90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for a Product Manager in the midwest. Person will be responsible for the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for that product or product line. The position will include marketing, forecasting, and profit and loss.
- Work cross functionally to champion development and execution of strategic and competitive vision.
- Identify new business needs, as well as growth opportunities. Define and develop associated investment plans through cross functional collaboration.
- Coordinate market and competitive intelligence. Collect, analyze and effectively communicate market trends, customer demands and competitor strategies.
- Visit customers, trade associations and customers to understand current trends and competitive challenges
Multi Generation Product Planning
- Develop and execute 1-3 year product development roadmap for product line growth and profitability.
- Work with Business Development, Sales and R&D to define next generation products.
- Manage the allocation of technical resources to the most impactful projects.
- Manage all aspects of new product launches.
Product Line Profitability
- Work with finance and sales to develop new product/customer quotes.
- Manage pricing strategies and monitor channel conflict.
- Champion cost reduction projects to reduce margin erosion on mature products.
- Keep abreast of changes in equipment/process technology to improve cost position.
- Work closely with Supply Chain function in order to understand raw material trends.
Support of Existing Business
- Determine clear product positioning and communication strategies. Manage product positioning vehicles, including website, tradeshows, direct mail, advertising, sell sheets, research and presentations.
- Lead cross-functional teams involving Customer Service, Sales, Technical Service, Purchasing and Operations to resolve chronic quality and services issues.
- Work with commercial, operations and supply chain team to define service requirements.
- Help in setup of new or modified products including defining packaging requirements and art work.
- Work with the sales leaders to manage top targets through the Our company CRM system.
- Ability to identify, define, address, and cultivate market opportunities
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct cross-functional teams; commercial as well as operational
- Ability to perform category analysis and category management
- Ability to drive new product development and lead the commercialization of products
- Ability to work effectively with sales leaders and plant sites in order to consistently drive profitable growth
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field required; Master's or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Product Management, Manufacturing, Finance or Sales – strong preference for experience in multiple disciplines
- Thorough knowledge of or experience with conducting market research to develop market strategy, drive product development, capex justification, and strategy execution.
- Capability to build and foster excellent rapport with Sales and Marketing teams
- Team player with ability to influence without direct authority
- High proficiency level with MS Office applications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi task
- Demonstrated meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to travel extensively - 20-40%
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree