This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Product Manager, Director of Life Science Market|
|Job Location:||Pittsford, New York - United States|
|Salary:||$150,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||15% Bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Product Manager, Director of Life Science Market
Excellent opportunity to lead and grow an existing team of Product Managers and Applications Engineers globally! Your leadership is essential in bringing precision optical components to the biotech and analytical instruments markets. You will lead this cross functional team responsible for the growth of the optical component product line. Responsibilities include team leadership, product portfolio strategy and day-to-day execution of the OEM and catalog business. This cross functional role will include strategy development, product roadmap design, product development, pricing excellence, and marketing through commercialization.
• Build, lead, and develop a multi-disciplined product management team including: talent acquisition, training, and enablement for success. Responsible for the success of a high performing business team through effective coaching and development.
• Provide product management leadership, from concept to commercialization to obsolescence. Develop long-range product strategies and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of the product platform. This includes identifying, establishing and managing strategic relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders. This role is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
• Serve as the leader of a cross-functional team, leading voice of customer research, multi-generational product definition, product and service features, performance requirements and tradeoffs, product value proposition and business case. Output of this work will inspire and align product management, applications, RD&E, operations, and sales.
• Analyze and incorporate impact of key markets, technical trends, customer needs and competitive offerings for products. Develop differentiated product roadmaps, rank new product features and functionalities, and recommend investments to drive product growth.
• Serve as champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and key account team members. Will maintain close interaction with field teams through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, pricing tactics, and customer support.
• Leverage Business Development to create optimal licensing, partnership, and/or acquisition strategies that expand product portfolio.
• Ensure pricing framework enables field sales success by determining optimal catalog prices, providing appropriate level of pricing/discounting, responding to competitive opportunities, and meeting profitability objectives.
• Define product level messaging and positioning across all channels.
• A Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or optical engineering, molecular biology, chemistry, or related discipline.
• A minimum of 7+years of experience in strategic marketing and product management in life sciences.
• A minimum of 5+ years of people management and business leadership.
• Demonstrated capability reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities.
• Prior experience with success leading in a matrixed global organizational structure.
• Proven track record of attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining high potential and diverse talent.
• Strong change management skills and experiences.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills and experience translating plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
• Strong financial acumen; able to understand impact of negotiation points on a business engagement.
• Up to 30% travel, domestic and international, required
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree