Product / Business Line Director
|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
$165,000.00 - $215,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|15-20% Bonus, 100% Healthcare
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Product/Business Line Director - Pittsburgh, PA:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and a substantial background in product management with a deep understanding of P&L management. Our client is the global leader in organizational process improvement and benchmark performance evaluation.
The Director will report directly to the CEO.
This role is only considering individuals who have extensive experience with P&L management along with product development and management. Ideally, someone with experience as a CEO for a start-up would have a competitive advantage for consideration. To be effective in this role the Director will need to exercise a strong, proven balance of entrepreneurial, technical, leadership, business and communication skills and experience.
This role offers generous benefits (100% healthcare, generous bonus structure) and is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified individual to take on a demanding challenge with a globally recognized organization.
Our client is seeking a Product/Business Line director to expertly manage a business line with a strong background in P&L management. The role requires entrepreneurial leadership, and extensive experience running all elements of a business: business model, product offerings, market strategy to drive scalable recurring revenue growth, product adoption, product/market fit to drive profitability through product differentiation. This position is essentially the General Manager of the product/business line, managing product or product lines from ideation through validation of value proposition, business model development, launch, sale, and finally discontinuance.
Our client is looking for someone to apply lean start-up methodologies and data driven decision making to lead customer development: Define and validate market, product line value propositions and business models, understand customer needs and define requirements for new products while validating demand.
- Drives the development of a long-term vision and strategy for company products, and collaborates across functional areas to accomplish target goals.
- Responsible for the compilation and gaining approval of annual budgets, producing a detailed annual business line operating plan including monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, expenses and profits.
- Leads functional teams (finance, product development, editorial, marketing, training, certification, etc.) to execute the product strategy and drive organizational alignment and project prioritization.
- Analyze the voice of the customer, market trends, competition, future requirements, product needs, vendor ecosystem and areas of opportunity for innovation, then utilize the data to develop new product concepts and requirements according to market needs and competitive landscape.
- Create the business case and gain internal stakeholder approval for continuing and new product investments
- Interface with stakeholders including target market participants, customers, partners, analysts, competitors as well as staff to drive product direction and ensure solutions lead the market in customer loyalty, revenue, adoption and profitability.
- Prioritize product and customer requirements refine product vision, work closely with functional teams to oversee and ensure product offerings, meet internal and competitive quality standards.
- Provide expertise and visibility for the product suite or portfolio as a spokesperson, conference presenter, press, industry analysts, and other venues (e.g., webinars, sales support)
- P & L responsibility for financial performance of product portfolio, develops and tracks key metrics/KPIs and targets, developing plans to achieve those targets, and proactively communicate progress and provides direction for plan modifications as needed.
Required Field of Study:
BS in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline from an accredited institution
Minimum Experience Required:
- 10 years of experience
- Recent and extensive P&L experience
- Product Development
- Product Management or Entrepreneurship
- Proven abilities in organizational change management, and leading multiple projects.
Preferred Field of Study:
- MS Degree or MBA in Product Management, Marketing, Information Technology or related discipline from an accredited institution Preferred Experience:
- 15 years of experience
- Leadership position with Commercial Software Products
- Senior executive within a start-up organization
- Professional Association/volunteer engagement
- Global experience
- Cultural sensitivity
- Previous experience/knowledge within the Information and Cyber Security community
Competencies / Skills Required:
- Centric customer focus
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Ability to present ideas, and information clearly and influence
- Self -mastery, masterful execution, self -starter, highly motivated and driven
- Collaborative, ability to build trust and rapport across the enterprise, with vendors, suppliers, members and constituents
- Change management
- Forward thinker
- Calculated risk
- Attention to detail
- Time management & organizational skills
- Diligent work ethic, insatiable desire to learn and develop skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Cultural sensitivity/awareness
- Commitment to company values, purpose promise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong business acumen & analytical skills
- Problem solving and good judgment
- Creativity and entrepreneurial skills
University - Master's Degree