This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Production Chemical Engineer|
|Job Location:||Atlanta, Georgia - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Compensation: Highly Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Two weeks of paid vacation
• 7 Company Paid Holidays
• 401(k) plan with company match (1% up to the first 4%)
• Medical Insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield of GA) Base and buy-up plans
• Dental Insurance (The Standard)
• Flexible Spending Accounts (AFLAC)
• Life insurance benefit of $25,000
Reports directly to: Plant Manager having additional support from our Technical Manager.
Reports will includethe supervision of: Three Lead employees and about five to ten operators depending on the on-going projects.
Summary:This position involves production management and chemistry support including production scheduling, inventory management, production process documentation, wet chemical preparations, process development and implementation of new production processes. In addition to assuring that the required production processes are being followed, ensure that the proper chemistry is being done in all of the production processes being used and problems are solved where needed. The incumbent will have the opportunity to leverage technical and production support from our supportive SC Lab location, particularly with customer samples and extra capacities. He or she will collaborate with Development Chemists in our SC Lab with technology transfer from development to production.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Production scheduling.
• Preparation of solutions containing metal or metal oxide precursors, wash-coats and customer samples with the assistance of the a Lab Technician.
• Managing production procedures and production order paperwork, including production orders and purchase orders for chemicals and equipment need by production.
• Assisting Production Supervisors on plant floor as needed.
• Becoming an expert in wash-coat formulation, wash-coating, metal impregnation and other production activities.
• B.S. or B.A. Chemist or Chemical Engineer
• Highly detail oriented
• Management capability
• Relevant wet chemical experience
• Analytical testing
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Leadership experience
• Documentation skills
• Production experience
• Analytical Method development experience
• Chemical engineering skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree