Production Control Supervisor
|Phoenix, Arizona - United States
$55,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Newly Created position!!!
Working directly with Executive Management!
- Works with the Master scheduler to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports.
- May prepare lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- May prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Observes and supports SXP’s health, safety and environmental policies.
- Follows work instructions and departmental procedures to perform essential functions of job.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience and education equivalent to Associates Degree
- MAPICS, Lean and/or Kanban experience is a majorplus.
- APICS Certification is aplus
- Must have industrial and manufacturing facilityexperience.
- 3-10 years Planning Experience.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with internal staff at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility when faced with frequent operationalchanges.
- Ability to read and understand documents as well as express himselfeffectively.
- Must have some math background and a customer service orientation toward others.
Responsibilities: Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules according to Kanban; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
Optimizes material flows to achieve highest customer service while simultaneously supporting inventory targets set by management.
Develops an efficient and effective production and/or material flow schedule considering multiple inputs: sales and operations plan, customer requirements, production efficiencies, warehouse capacities, and supplier capabilities.
Ability to work directly with suppliers on day-to-day material requirements in addition to providing longer term forecasts as required.
Manages flow of materials between production facilities and external warehouses as required.
Serves as link between all impacted departments as needed to ensure successful product launches and reduce obsolescence costs. Maintains all associated planning parameters to ensure MRP system is planning correctly.
Innovates and drives changes in processes, methods and procedures.
Assists as necessary in various Supply Chain projects spanning all production/warehouse sites. Qualifications:
- Highly analytical: critical-thinker; strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail; due to the speed and rate of change occurring in this manufacturing environment, must be able to problem solve and think independently
- Excellent computer competence: comfortable working in a highly automated environment with multiple complex software systems; proficient in MS Excel; solid ERP/MRP understanding
- Fast learner: able to learn large quantities of information quickly, think abstractly in order to understand the various linkages between all manufacturing and distribution locations, understand intra-company flows and communicate clearly with all levels of management
- Organized: ability to multitask and prioritize; results oriented o Strong interpersonal skills: a team player that communicates effectively, both internally and externally; relationship builder; supervisory experience preferred
- Flexible: adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; able to work additional hours as required o Professional maturity: a proactive self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction, but also follow direction; remains calm and focused in high pressure situations; excellent attendance, punctual
- Motivated: enthusiastic; strives for excellence; continually seeks to improve self and company; ability and strong desire to grow with the company; leads by example.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years