Production Director (Pharma)
|Brampton, Ontario - Canada
$140,000.00 - $150,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Production Director to lead our Production teams.
This person that fill this role will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, tactical support and direction to the organization with regards to Manufacturing Operations in order to achieve business plan goals for Health and Safety, Productivity, Quality and Profitability. In addition, the position is responsible for the production and packaging operations of semi-solid and liquid pharmaceutical products. The position ensures that the facility, employees, and products are in compliance with all regulatory requirements for quality and safety. The Director is responsible for leading the supporting production departments towards the realization of the company’s stated objectives.
- Developing strategic plans for the Canadian operation while ensuring site compliance with local and corporate Health and Safety requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations
- Developing & executing annual budget and updates
- Liaison with senior management in Canada, New York, Israel and other locations
- Leading production and logistics of Canadian management toward the realization of the Company’s stated objectives; helping to create and define projects/delegation of same
- Monitoring company’s performance against key productivity indicators for Operations
- Developing and championing cost savings initiatives
- Coaching, leading subordinates and staff as well as developing and maintaining succession plan
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of tasks by delegating responsibility and expected actions to Managers
- Completing and participating in performance reviews
- Establishing and implementing corporate policies
- Coordinating the process of attaining monthly and weekly production plans in a safe and efficient manner while ensuring production schedules are met and manufacturing is completed as per the company’s engineering standards
- Participating in cross functional teams and review completed investigations (NCIs) with the objective of determining the “root cause” followed by implementation of a corrective action plan (CAPAs)
- Interfacing with the Materials Management department regarding scheduling issues and materials
- Coordinating and participating in special projects as defined by company management
- Managing technical resources supporting packaging and compounding operations
- Ensuring that all products are manufactured according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations and all personnel operate within a safe work environment
- Ensuring that products are produced and stored according to the appropriate documentation in order to obtain the required quality
- Approving instructions relating to production operations and ensure strict implementation
- Accountable for ensuring that the production records are evaluated and signed by an authorized person
- Responsible for the qualification and maintenance of the department, premises and equipment
- Making sure that the appropriate validations are completed
- Signing authority for master batch records and validation protocols
- Responsible for ensuring that the required initial and continuing training of department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need
- Representing manufacturing and packaging on applicable steering committees
- Undergraduate University degree in Chemistry (or related Science discipline), Business, Engineering, or Pharmacy
- Post-graduate work is preferred (either undergraduate or post-grad work in Marketing, Finance, Business Development, etc.)
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in production management and production planning
- Experience with Regulatory policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines – Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Therapeutic Programs Directives (TPD)
- Experience in ERP/MRP, SAP and MES is preferred
- Strong leadership capability, excellent communication skills, strong technical knowledge including operational excellence
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with internal departments – Canadian Sales & Marketing, Engineering, QA/QC, and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Experience in liaising with outside contractors, consultants, industry peers, manufacturers, suppliers, etc.
- Extensive professional knowledge and experience in areas of logistics and production
- Quality background as it relates to manufacturing and packaging including experience with Regulatory and Customer audits
- Excellent management skills combined with proven team development expertise
* Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.