This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Belle, West Virginia - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Global(Japanese-headquartered) SPECIALTY CHEMICALS LEADER seeks a career-driven PRODUCTION ENGINEER to join their STATE OF ART complex chemical(PGA) processing plant near Charleston, WV. The primary product involves biodegradable(polymers) plastics.
Salary: $80k-$105k base plus solid bonus, benefits, retirement and relocation package
Supports plant operations with chemical engineering expertise.
Lead plant and process design and implementation, and support production teams to work safely to achieve targets in the areas of production, costs, and quality product.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a list of primary duties and responsibilities which take up the majority of time on a daily basis.
The Production Engineer will be held accountable for being able to perform the essential functions of the job. This list is not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work closely with PGA technology experts to learn the PGA plant process and equipment. Become a technology expert on PGA processes.
• Provide chemical engineering input into design changes including process safety and process control.
• Develop and update Operating Procedures and training materials, and lead training.
• Lead solving of complex problems related to process, mechanical, control systems, equipment integrity and other disciplines.
• Lead development of production plans including operation scheduling and operation conditions.
• Monitor product and process performance; set-up and/or participate in executing systems to track performance and prioritize improvement opportunities.
• Lead and participate in incident investigations and cause analysis (Quality, Reliability, Production, Safety and Environmental) and implement action items to prevent recurrence.
• Participate in PHAs, (Process Hazard Analysis), MOCs (Management of Change) and PSSRs (pre-start-up safety reviews).
• Develop and implement process “best practices”, standards/policies, productivity improvements and work processes for operations that address safety, quality, efficiency and reliability.
• Provide process engineering support for projects including develop basic data, conduct PHA or MOC review, and design oversight.
• Work with operators and mechanics to develop Job Hazard Analyses and implement appropriate mitigation for hazards identified.
• Communication with parent company technical staff (in Japan) on technical issues (reporting, proposing, discussing etc.)
BS Chemcail Engineering,
Desired Work Experience:
• 3-7 years experience in chemical engineering with a detailed knowledge of chemical process operations, OSHA and PSM.
• Demonstrated experience working with teams.
• Demonstrated experience in getting results, meeting commitments & problem-solving skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Required:
• Licensed Professional Chemical Engineer preferred
The candidate should have experience in one or more of the following:
Reaction, distillation, filtration, polymerization, crystallization, separation are primary unit operations.
Equipment is typical of chemical processes: reactors, heat exchangers, tanks, separators, crystallizers, centrifuges, filters/strainers, pumps.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree