|Job Location:||Charleston, West Virginia - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
ECO-FRIENDLY, cutting edge, specialty chemicals leader that have developed the technology to produce BIODEGRADABLE RESINS. Environmentally-conscious global chemical producer!!! Solid growth potential into a leadership role!! Low cost of living area nestled close to a culturally-thriving city(Charleston) as well as tons of outdoor activities(mountains, lakes, parks, hiking, skiing, fishing, biking, campling, canoeing, etc.)
Supports plant operations with chemical engineering expertise. Become technology expert for our specialty chemicals PGA (polyglycolic acid) processes. Lead plant and process design and implementation, and support production teams to work safely to achieve targets in the areas of production, costs, and quality product.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Following is a list of primary duties and responsibilities which take up the majority of time on a daily basis. The Production Engineer will be held accountable for being able to perform the essential functions of the job.
This list is not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work closely with PGA technology experts to learn the PGA plant process and equipment. Become a technology expert on PGA processes.
• Provide chemical engineering input into design changes including process safety and process control.
• Develop and update Operating Procedures and training materials, and lead training. • Lead solving of complex problems related to process, mechanical, control systems, equipment integrity and other disciplines
. • Lead development of production plans including operation scheduling and operation conditions.
• Monitor product and process performance; set-up and/or participate in executing systems to track performance and prioritize improvement opportunities.
• Lead and participate in incident investigations and cause analysis (Quality, Reliability, Production, Safety and Environmental) and implement action items to prevent recurrence.
• Participate in PHAs, (Process Hazard Analysis), MOCs (Management of Change) and PSSRs (pre-start-up safety reviews).
• Develop and implement process “best practices”, standards/policies, productivity improvements and work processes for operations that address safety, quality, efficiency and reliability.
• Provide process engineering support for projects including develop basic data, conduct PHA or MOC review, and design oversight.
• Work with operators and mechanics to develop Job Hazard Analyses and implement appropriate mitigation for hazards identified.
• Communication with parent company technical staff (in Japan) on technical issues (reporting, proposing, discussing etc.)
BS degree Engineering(Chemical preferred)
-3+ years of Production/Process Engineering experience in a complex chemical processing, petrochemical, refinery or industrial gas plant
-Some supervisory experience strongly preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree