|Pensacola Beach, Florida - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location ; Pensacola Florida, Sun Fun year around One of the nations most sought after coastal communities.
The Production Engineer provides chemical engineering expertise to deliver optimum performance of process units in the areas of capacity, yields, energy, safety, and quality. The position works under the direction of the site Production Engineering Manager and works closely with professionals in Technology, Project Engineering, and Manufacturing. Production Engineers are assigned to support specific production units. Location of the position is dictated by the unit assignment.
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with Site Leadership and the Manufacturing organization.
- Utilize Six Sigma and Operational Excellence principles to drive process to best demonstrated, Entitlement, performance in the areas of capacity, yields, energy, safety, and quality.
- Support testing and implementing of new Technologies.
Manager of Production Engineering
- Works closely with Mfg. Engineers, Control Engineers, and Operations to optimize the economic performance of the assigned process unit(s) by improving yields or reducing energy and other usages.
- Works with Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability professionals to improve the reliability of the process unit(s) and to maximize OEE.
- Actively supports the site & area safety programs via participation (or leadership) in PHAs, LOPAs, MOC, incident investigations, resolution of action items, and other activities to ensure safe operation and regulatory compliance.
- Serves as the unit production expert and provides technical counsel and troubleshooting assistance to Mfg. Engineers and Operations as needed to deliver planned performance.
- Works with the Mfg. Engineers and Operations to maintain all process documentation up-to-date.
- Serves as Mfg. Representative on capital project teams.
- Provides process design information for small capital and/or expense projects.
- Generates innovative ideas for process improvements and works with Technology, Process Engineering, and Project Engineering to screen such ideas.
TEAM & INTERACTIONS
- Member of the Technology Production Engineering organization working closely with professionals in Process Technology, Project Engineering, Process Engineering, and Manufacturing organizations.
- BS in Chemical Engineering required.
- 2+ years’ experience Process Industry
- Sound technical and analytical skills.
- Six Sigma preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can thrive in a team-based environment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma to drive process improvements
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree