Production Manager - Batch Chemicals
|North Chicago, Illinois - United States
contact recruiter for details
|plus 30% max bonus
relo is lump sum to move goods and maybe temp living
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Production Manager – Chemical Processing Site location: North Chicago IL (Relocation assistnace provided)
Why this might be a great opportunity:
- Be part of a multi-site Chemical & Ingredients Company that highly values HSE and offers opportunities for career progression. This high visibility position is an opportunity to have a big impact on operations and profitability.
- Expect career stability as this site has manufactured chemicals for over 40 years serving a variety of markets & offering over 200 products (lubricants, cleaning fluids, coatings, food ingredients, personal care products and etc) such that when one market segment is down they adjust.
- They remain relevant through on-going Product Development efforts with an R&D Department located at this site and a technically educated sales staff capable of bringing new product ideas from customers.
As Production Manager reporting directly to the Site Manager, you’ll lead a production team in a 24/7 batch chemical manufacturing plant , You’ll manage the Production Department and resources necessary for manufacturing chemical products in accordance with safety, cost, quality, and quantity specifications. Your direct reports will include the Production Shift Supervisors and the Production Engineers with a total staff of about 75 hourly labor.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, labor and etc
- Ensures compliance with plant safety and environmental programs
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
- Set and monitor product quality standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Partner with the R&D Process/ Product Development team as new Processes are rolled out for scale up in the plant.
We’re searching for a Chemical Engineer who has progressed from plant engineering roles to Production Management with experience on a site where a chemical reaction takes place operating under the OSHA PSM regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree chemical engineering. (BS ChE)
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a chemical manufacturing plant where a chemical reaction takes place.
- Experience Managing Production teams and hourly labor in a plant that operates under the OSHA PSM regulations with management of change programs to address the handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Earlier career history in Production or Process Engineering with hands-on trouble shooting and process optimization experience.
- An solid understanding of supply chain and raw material reliability & quality concerns
- Authorized to work for an employer in the USA without restrictions (no sponsorship available)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree