|Chattanooga, Tennessee - United States
$110,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Previous Prod Man advanced to Plant man - This is success planning to plant man ~10 years
- ~90 people on site
- This role will have 7 dir & 45 total
- Does need Chem MFG experience
- Union facility, but doesn't need this xp
- Challenge has been getting people far too light or too experienced
- Plant produces specialty catalysts in batch
With the company taking aggressive actions to expand and grow, they are looking to improve and upgrade their facilities across the nation and some internationally! They are looking to hire the right type of talent and a fast paced, driven type of personality.
- Manages the Production and Warehouse operations for Rare Earth Chemicals, Raney Catalyst and Specialty Chemicals in a safe and cost effective manner
- Manages leadership team to insure support and implementation of all Company policies with special emphasis on Environmental, Health and Safety
- Participates in the preparation of annual Production and Warehouse operating budgets, site capital budgets based on sales forecasts with appropriate consideration to direct manufacturing costs. Six Sigma Cost Reduction and Cost Control Project Leader
- Participates in development of short and long-term Chattanooga operating plans, schedules, resource requirements, equipment selections and plant policy developments
- Instructs, trains and counsels subordinates in matters relating to new and existing plant processes and procedures. Insures Company policies are fairly and impartially enforced
- Promotes Union / Management relationship and participates in various meetings concerning grievances, arbitrations, labor contract negotiations and quality of work life
- Works with vendors regarding quality and costs of raw materials and supplies
- Serves on plant Quality Council and works with all departments to maintain ISO certification
- Ability to communicate throughout all levels of the organization
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering with at least 5 years in a management position.
- Additional job experience could be substituted for some of the education. Ten years chemical manufacturing experience with at least 5 years in a management position.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree