|Chicago, Illinois - United States
contact recruiter for details
relo is lump sum to move goods and maybe temp living
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Production Manager – Chemical & Ingredient Plant - Site location: Chicago IL
Why this might be a good opportunity:
- Expect career stability as this site has been operations for over 30 years with on-going capital investment including major capacity expansions and a control system modernization project. They have hundreds of customers across a variety of business segments.
- Be part of a multi-site chemical & ingredients company that values HSE and offers opportunities for career progression.
- The company COO is known for hiring top-talent such that you’ll be joining an “A Team” with a focused effort on continuous improvement.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, you’ll take responsibility for day-to-day operations of a continuous chemical manufacturing plant including direct management of the Production Supervisors (7) plus a Production Planner, Training Coordinator, and Production Engineer. You’ll manage the hourly production workers & production budget, drive continuous improvement, and be the production team champion for quality and regulatory affairs (OSHA, EPA, local regulations, cGMP, ISO, and food safety).
Responsible to the Site Manager for developing the production team through the hiring, training, and management of all operating personnel and direct production support staff your responsibilities will include-
- Ensures efficient operation of all production areas atoptimum process conditions to minimize overall costs
- Promotes and ensures safe work conditions through active leadership within the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) program and in compliance with all local and Company standards. Also ensure that a high standard of housekeeping within the plant.
- Drive continuous improvement of operating procedures and equipment.
- Prepares proposals for capital expenditures and recommend projects.
- Contributes to process development and product development activities.
- Reviews SOPs and ensures that all GFSI, ISO, cGMP, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Defense, Prerequisite programs and operating procedures are in place.
- Production department leader responsible for root cause incidents and corrective actions implemented for both production and safety related incidents.
- Oversee the facility training program
- Develop new procedures related to the production units, human resources, safety and quality requirements.
- Contributes to the harmonious human relations environment through effective management and communication with the work force
We’re searching for a Chemical Engineer with experience as a Production Manager/ Operations Manager preferable with a history in a continuous chemical plant having continuous distillation.
- 7+ year’s management experience in a chemical plant- preferably in a continuous chemical process plant. (Client is less interested in management of a batch chemical plant)
- Must have previous supervisory experience; union labor preferred
- Ability to influence and work in cross functional teams.
- Project management experience is also preferable
- Experience with chemical industry EHS concerns.
- Experience with ISO and Food Safety systems is desired
- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions; no sponsorship.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree