|Greenwood, South Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location : Greenwood South Carolina Fantastic place to live and raise your family. Close to Greenville SC Great lake to live on Lake Greenwood. Ideal cost of living index.
- Provide leadership to ensure employees have the resources and direction to do their jobs. Establish clear objectives for each position, communicate them to the employees and provide feedback on performance. Encourage team work to drive department metrics and maintain a respective work place. Communicate overall direction and plant initiatives using effective communication tools. Provide personnel development opportunities for their staff, including manufacturing engineers, supervision and operations
- Productivity & Quality
- Ensure resources are available to provide a productive, smooth operation. Continuously improve productivity, reduce waste and energy, and utilize Lean Manufacturing concepts and processes across the organization. Deliver SIOP commitments and coordinate SIOP changes and impact through the Business Operations Planner (BOP). Provide technical leadership to assist manufacturing engineers. Supply support to meet manufacturing and quality targets, RFI directing and prioritizing maintenance to achieve targeted OEE metrics, drive quality performance throughout the department to reach all quality metrics.
- Ensure all regulatory and corporate requirements – this includes, but it not limited to ESSH core practices, environmental compliance, ISO 9001 and RC 14000 compliance. Additionally, the Production Manager is responsible for delivering and maintaining superior safety and environmental performance measured by lagging indicators (first aids, recordable injuries, near misses) and leading indicators (leadership audits, permit compliance, hazard recognitions, etc.) within the unit.
- Cost Control
- Achieve cost reduction targets through continuous improvement activities (A2E), yield and usage improvements and conversion cost reductions. Have complete knowledge of the cost drivers for the manufacturing unit and is responsible for meeting budgeted and forecasted cost targets.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering or 20+ years’ experience in leading people
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Chemical Manufacturing
- 5 years leading others in a management role
- Demonstrate knowledge of Chemical processing fundamentals
- Training in Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing processes
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of environmental safety and health policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulations
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of cost accounting principles, accounting practices, reports and budgets
- Customer service and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent coaching and facilitation skills
- Must communicate internally with peers on the Site Leadership team, direct reports, plant support personnel
- Must communicate externally with Production Planning; other site personnel; Company Leadership, etc
- At times will interact with customers on a technical basis about product/process and provide technical support.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree