|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
contact recruiter for details
|plus annual bonus 12 to 25%
lump sum on the relo; local is better
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Production Manager Location: Greater Pittsburgh PA
As Production Manager you will lead the production department in a well-established food ingredient manufacturing plant. You’ll serve as production champion for quality and regulatory systems including cGMP & ISO documentation, food safety and all GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiatives) at the site while also promoting a continuous improvement mindset throughout your department. Direct Reports: Production Supervisors (3) and Production Planner (1)
Additional reasons to consider this opportunity:
- Recent influx of capital to upgrade this site; it's always fun to manage at a site where the company is investing in on-going improvements!
- There will be future advancement at this site and through the companies sister plants.
- We anticipate good work-life balance since they operate on a 5 day work week.
Responsibilities for this position are typical of any well-run manufacturing facility.
- Responsible to the Site Manager for developing and managing the production team including employee training and selection; Oversees the production training program to ensure the work force is continually developed.
- Drives continuous improvement and establishes optimum manufacturing process conditions to minimize costs.
- Ensures safe work conditions by setting a high standard for housekeeping and a culture for continuous safety improvement. Serves as department leader ensuring near miss incidents are investigated to determine root cause and corrective actions implemented.
- In consultation with the SHE department, takes full management responsibly to ensure that the plant is in compliance with all federal, state, local, and company standards for safety and environmental.
- Ensures operating procedures are in place for GFSI, ISO, cGMP, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Defense, and prerequisite programs
- Prepares proposals for process modification and capital expenditures
- Contributes to process and product development activities.
- Ensures an effective production planning procedure.
- Develop and implement procedures related to the production units, human resources, safety and quality requirements.
Compensation: We'll talk about salary and the company name & history before I submit your resume such that you will know where your resume is being sent.
- Expect a nice base salary + annual bonus (approx. 12- 25%) with an annual review and raise. The bonuses do pay out annually! (I'm not permitted to openly publish the exact confidential salary range but I did try to indicate a reasonable minimum.)
- Also expect paid vacation & holidays, 401K matching, medical, dental, life insurance and etc.
Requested Background Profile:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Best if technical but they will look at others
- 5+ years of Production Management experience (Union helps but this is a very agreeable union-management relationship )
- Experience with Food Safety & quality systems (HACCP, ISO etc)
- Completing projects for continuous improvement
- Ability to influence and work in cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of industrial equipment including mixing vessels, various pumps, valves, instrumentation, and etc.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree