|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
contact recruiter for details
|plus annual bonus 12 to 25%
lump sum on the relo; local is better
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
PRODUCTION MANAGER – Food Ingredients Location: Greater Pittsburgh PA – Southwest
As Production Manager you will lead the production department in a well-established food ingredient manufacturing plant while promoting a continuous improvement mindset throughout your department.
Why this may be a great opportunity?
- There will be future advancement at this site and through the companies sister plants.
- We anticipate good work-life balance since they operate on a 5-day work week.
- They are invested in site improvements / modernization and there is a capital budget to spend. It’s always best to manage in a company that is not cash-strapped.
- This position is eligible the management bonus program: Expect a competitive base salary plus an annual bonus with a mid-point target. They also offer the expected benefits such employee medical, dental, and other insurances.
Responsibilities for this position n are typical of any well-run manual manufacturing facility that includes mixing & blending plus machining & mechanical systems assembly. (The plant is not highly automated.) Reporting directly to the Site Manager, you will:
- Develop and manage the production team; 45 employees on your staff including (3) Production Supervisors and the Production Planner.
- Drive continuous improvement to minimize costs to achieve the business growth plans. This includes constantly evaluating process efficiencies, reducing waste, monitoring utility usage, managing production procedural changes, and getting your team to buy-in to company initiatives.
- Manage the manufacturing costs budget.
- Oversee the production training program to ensure the work force is continually developed.
- In consultation with the SHE department, take full management responsibly to ensure that the plant is in compliance with all federal, state, local, and company standards for safety and environmental.
- Ensure safe work conditions by setting a high standard for housekeeping and a culture for continuous safety improvement. Serve as department leader ensuring near miss incidents are investigated to determine root cause and corrective actions implemented.
- Act as the production champion for quality and regulatory systems including GFSI, ISO, cGMP, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Defense, and prerequisite programs
- In cooperation with the Quality Manager, ensure that operating procedures are in place.
- Contribute to process development and product development activities.
- Oversee the production planning procedure.
- Develop and implement departmental procedures related to the production units, human resources, and safety/ quality.
**Footnote: I am not permitted to openly advertise the full confidential salary range but we will discuss this early in the process. I tried to indicate a very rough base salary estimate plus the bonus is generous for this leadership position.
Requested Background Profile: We are searching for Production Manager with experience in a food production plant and a focus on continuous improvement. They are actively up-grading & modernization this plant such that strong leadership skills will be needed to effectively manage work-practice changes.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Best if Engineering due to imminent future promotion.If other degree be ready to talk about continuous improvement projects that you’ve completed
- 7+ years in the food ingredient production or food processing industry. Experience with ISO and Food Safety quality systems.(To clarify: From companies like Heinz or smaller companies that manufacture food ingredients or packaged food products; NOT work experience gained in a restaurant.)
- 3+ years of Production Management experience as a strong leader in the plant; Union management helps but this is a very agreeable union-management relationship such that this is not critical.
- Ability to influence and work in cross functional teams.
- Project management experience is also preferable as this individual will participate in capital budget planning
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree