|Salt Lake City, Utah - United States
$105,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A leading international producer of specialty ingredients for the health and nutrition industry is seeking a Plant Production Manager. Salt Lake City, in addition to being home to the Winter Olympics in 2002, has nearby mountains that are widely known to be the home of “The Greatest Snow on Earth” and several world class ski resorts. US News ranked Salt Lake City 15th out of 125 metro areas in the US in terms of best places to live.This person will be groomed to be the next Plant Manager.
Duties will include:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, will be the number two person on site for this 3 shift operation.
- Manage supervisors and hourly workforce to consistently and reliably meet the operating plan. Responsible for performance management, hiring, training and succession planning
- Assist in development of site budget.
- Review production plans to ensure adequate resources are in place to meet plan objectives.
- Drive safety and environmental compliance.
- Use Root Cause Analysis and Failure Mode and Equipment Analysis tools to prevent recurring failures.
- Participate on the Site Safety Committee
- Work together with Supply Chain, Engineering and Maintenance to drive continuous improvement, reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Work with Process Technology to coordinate product scale ups and technology transfer.
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical
- Minimum of 8-10 years industry experience including 3-5 years in an Operations Management role.
- Experience in the food ingredient industry a plus.
- Track record of driving Continuous Improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced HAZOP Leader.
- Knowledge of GMP, OSHA and EPA regulations desired
- Should be viewed as promotable to a plant management role.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree