This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||, Quebec - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Newly refurbished plant - Large, growing and profitable corporation - Attractive location
Position to fill: Surintendant de Production / Production Superintendant
Industry Wood products
Location: Lac Saint Jean, Quebec, Canada
Salary range: $100-115k base + generous bonus, benefits and perks. Relocation assistance provided.
The company is a specialized manufacturer in the forest products industry with some 20 production facilities across North America and Europe, which employ about 3000 employees.
This is a new position in a manufacturing plant that has been fully refurbished and is now ready to be put back in production, and expected to grow given current and forecasted demand for its products. The Production Superintendant will be responsible for a manufacturing operation of approximately 150 employees.
• Play a key role within a new production unit, use available skills and encourage the contribution of all team members towards achieving results.
• Create an environment and put in place a framework that promotes the cohesion of production staff in order to ensure the normal conduct of activities.
• Rigorously follow the various stages of the manufacturing process, make the appropriate readings, evaluate the options and intervene in a timely manner in a factory start-up context.
• Anticipate constraints and implement innovative and efficient solutions using the resources at their disposal.
• Manage your sector strategically in order to ensure the conformity of the finished product by being resolutely oriented towards the achievement of objectives and accountability.
• Promote, support and embody the values ??of the company in terms of health, safety and the environment and enforce the policies, laws and regulations in force.
• Participate and concretely support the development of the skills of the workforce under its responsibility.
• Manage the activities and budgets incumbent on it so as to position this new production unit favorably.
• Use available production equipment to facilitate the achievement of plant objectives on an ongoing basis.
• Respond and adapt to changing priorities and operating conditions in order to be able to seize business opportunities.
• Act as an effective change agent in order to integrate best practices in his field.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years