Production Supervisor - Ayr - Ontario
|, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
|10% Bonus, extended healthcare, vacation, RRSP
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
fast growing company
Effectively organize and manage a production group to ensure the employees are safe while quality products are manufactured in an efficient way using the tools and resources available.
- Ensure production deadlines are met and fulfilled as required.
- Schedule production employees and equipment in accordance with customer orders
- Collaborate and coordinate with subsequent departments as necessary to meet customer demands
- Anticipate and react to potential production interruptions and aid in recovery to minimize production loss
- Work on continuous improvement initiatives in respective department utilizing the PDCA process for problem solving.
- Develop and maintain employee relations on a professional respectable level, to include weekly work team meeting facilitation for CI and problem solving
- Facilitate and document various training as required
- Coach / provide feedback as necessary to improve the production and quality levels of all employees discipline as required ensure annual evaluations are completed for all employees.
- Utilize SPC data to make improvements to the departmental processes.
- Coordinate with maintenance department any maintenance requests on machines.
- Support and participate in the development and testing of new products with production engineering department as necessary
- Ensure all processes and programs are based on the ISO 9002 Quality System, where applicable.
- Inspect/ensure that finished product meets customer requirements.
- Work with Quality department on improving customer relations.
- Work on continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality and quantity of all product lines.
Health & Safety
- To Participate in the Company’s Health & Safety, Housekeeping and Environmental programs.
- Ensure all internal safety policies and legislation are followed as part of Due Diligence.
- Monitor any injuries, and complete paperwork as required
- Complete all necessary workplace inspections on monthly basis.
- Perform accident investigations within time lines specified by the OHSA.
- Report on recommendations from H&S Committee within time lines specified by the OHSA
- Attend all safety training as required.
- Must have working knowledge of all safety legislation and follow all safety policies
- Ensure all employees follow company’s health and safety policies and procedures and report all violations
- Minimum grade 12 education, post secondary education
- Minimum 5 years experience in as a production supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in continuous improvement, lean manufacturing with proven results.
- Must be flexible for all shifts
- Fully experienced in all versions of Windows, timekeeping and manufacturing systems.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.