|Job Location:||Birmingham, Alabama - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
If you are an ambitious Production Supervisor that is looking for substantial vertical growth potential with a successful company, this position is destined to evolve & develop into a Production then Plant Manager. We need a leader of change who has a positive proven track record for transforming good companies into great organizations. Creative problem solver with a strategic head for continuous improvement while creating and executing a daily action plan that includes daily meetings, machine management, operations, employee coaching, SST & Quality test validation. The goal of this position is to maximize the production’s efficiency and optimize resources. This includes developing a team of competent and dedicated employees whose skills complement one another, ensure that the workflow and job structure are tailored to each team member’s needs and engage staff based on Cascades values and business strategy. We are seeking someone with at least 8 years of experience in manufacturing; lamination-specific experience is a plus with a strong understanding of SAP or a major ERP system.
Seeking a Production Supervisor for a global packaging manufacturer in the Birmingham, Alabama area. This production leader will have a diverse workload in support of the manufacturing needs of the plant. The successful candidate will be results-oriented, can motivate a team to perform at high levels, collaborate with other departments to assess the plant's processes, and will have an opportunity to expand your knowledge as each day varies and be able to contribute to the plant’s growth. Apply to learn more!
· Report to the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor will be tasked with achieving the production objectives and optimizing efficiency and resources.
· Foster a culture of continuous improvement/process improvement and ensure employee engagement and development.
· Manage and engage staff based on company values and business strategy
· Effectively manage human and material resources to ensure sound financial performance and achievement of manufacturing efficiency targets
· Drive change initiative and implement process improvements as part of a multi-functional team
· Lead safety efforts for employees by identifying high-risk situations, conducting safety meetings, and coordinating worker safety activities
· Optimize efficiencies and drive efforts to reduce waste and downtime and increase production availability
· Provide the necessary training for a diverse workforce and have a working knowledge of best practices for training and development
· Hold team accountable to deliverables and work expectations
· Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or relevant field (preferred)
· Three (3) years plant supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Prior experience leading and coach a production team.
· Certified in Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
· Prior experience working with paper converting is a plus.
· Strong people management skills and proficient at mentoring and coaching employees for success.
· Ability to acquire applicable converting/technical/machine knowledge and to train and transfer knowledge effectively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and SAP.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree