|Tilbury, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Are you a demonstrated hands-on leader and problem-solver with the ability to motivate a team to achieve objectives? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments, managing a variety of competing tasks? Our client, a leading automotive supplier, is seeking a resourceful Production Supervisor to join their Southwestern Ontario facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
- Orientate, train, mentor, supervise, co-ordinate and provide leadership to employees
- Direct and manage indirect staff in the skilled trades, quality, stockroom, shipping and receiving areas
- Provide input on relevant issues to management to ensure issues on "off shifts" are communicated and acted upon as required
- Set priorities for tasks in skilled trades area based on plant issues, required PM (Preventative Maintenance), and customer demands
- Analyze and manage performance measurements (production, scrap, downtime, rework, utilization, etc.) on a plant-wide basis
- Ensure all customer quality requirements are met and take appropriate actions in the event of an issue, including, but not limited to, line/ tool repairs, rework, containment, management notification and escalation per company procedures
- Provide guidance and training to employees - labour relations, quality, production metrics, equipment, and facilities
- Participate and lead in the execution of tasks and initiatives for annual Goals and Objectives, Lean Manufacturing, Visual Factory, "Best in Class" and Housekeeping, or as defined by management
- Ensure appropriate daily, weekly and monthly communication with plant associates is completed
- Participate and ensure daily, weekly, and monthly audits are completed for all lines and the facility
- Estimate personnel needs and assigns work to meet completion dates in accordance with schedules fixed by higher supervision and subject to higher approval
- Implement, promote, and enforce organizational policies and assure adherence to departmental procedures in the areas of Health & Safety, Quality, Labour Relations, Human Rights, etc.
- Conduct performance evaluations for assigned employees, monitor work performance and provides counseling /administration of discipline to employees to improve performance
- Support and promote lean manufacturing principles
- Post-secondary education – technological program
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment preferred
- Experience in moulding, automated assembly, and equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Ability to statistically analyze data
- Knowledge of IATF 16494 requirements
- Working knowledge of labour contracts
- SAP Experience and MS office
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree