This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Production Supervisors - 1st and 3rd Shift Positions|
|Job Location:||Toledo, Ohio - United States|
|Salary:||$45,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||Over time|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
One of exceptional World Class Tier I Automotive suppliers has a need to fill two Production Supervisor position. One position is on 1st shift and the other is on 3rd shift. This is a very successful and growing company with over 20,000 employees globally. Our client is looking for candidates who are promotable in the future.
This position reports directly to the Production Superintendent and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of OUR CLIENT as described below:
General Job Duties:
• To display a fair and consistent approach by following the principles of the Value Statement and Mission Statement to help ensure a satisfied workplace for all employees.
• To support Company policies and business objectives while performing the specific responsibilities of your job.
• To participate in continuous improvement activities that enhance the working environment at OUR CLIENT. Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
• To support the company vision and help to ensure fair treatment of all employees employed by OUR CLIENT
• Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in company activities in a positive working environment.
• Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
• Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of OUR CLIENT employees
• Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of OUR CLIENT to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
• Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
• To support the company to meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of OUR CLIENT. • Complete LPAs on time; weekly
• Complete Safe Audit on time; weekly • Maintain proper etiquette when using company radios, PA, emails, text and phones; business use only. • Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Specific Job Duties:
• Supervise bargaining unit employees to insure safe, efficient manufacture of quality products to meet our customer requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement efforts in scrap reduction, safety, and process improvements.
• Provide clear expectations and hold team members accountable while providing continual feedback.
• Provide associates with inspiration, direction & coaching to achieve work objectives.
• Develop team members to become self sufficient with regard to completing their work responsibilities effectively.
• Promote, maintain and develop lean manufacturing practices.
• Monitor and address output & productivity issues within assigned departments inclusive of meeting production targets, cycle time and product & process quality standards.
• Issue disciplinary actions as necessary per HR
• Manage employee training program as directed by HR
• Complete Fast Track Response packets as necessary
• Complete company audits per company programs
• Hold line-side team meetings to present line and company information
• Advise employees regarding alerts and have sign-offs completed
• Daily production reporting
• Assist in the training and developing of Supervisor I position
• Associate degree with 2-4 years of related experience managing teams of people in a manufacturing environment or 4-6 years related experience.
• Good computer including typing and the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Working knowledge of operation procedures
• Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task and follow direction
• Ideal candidate will possess at least two years supervisory experience in manufacturing, preferably in automotive.
• Successful candidates will also possess strong judgment /decision making skills, problem solving and communication skills.
• Strong analytic problem solving skills
• Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
• Must be able to work with minimal direction and supervision
• This position will be required to travel to other facilities or training locations as well as on-site training as needed.
• This position requires the use of eye protection and hearing protection and any PPE specific to the task being performed.
Must be able to manage multiple tasks simotaneously.
Position pays over time after 45 hours per week (Straight time). Expect to work 60 to 72 (approximate) Hours per week initially. Currently not working Sundays. Goal is to improve productivity and quality to the point to improve efficiency to reduce hours to 60 hours per week and having the weekend off.
KRONOS or other type time and attendance system experience.