Production / Operations Manager - Manufacturing
|Santa Clarita, California - United States
$140,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Full Benefits Possible annual bonus.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Benefits of the Role:
- Member and Manager of a growing organization
- Excellent total compensation package
- Benefit plans to include 401K, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Flexible Schedules, Retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement, Disability Insurance
Description of Role:
The Production Operations Manager will have full responsibility for the successful setup and launch of the Company’s new ERP system; namely Epicor.
(NOTE: the ERP package has already been developed—this role is to help with the successful implementation of the ERP system.)
The initial responsibilities will be to assess the current manufacturing operations, become familiar with the current ERP/dbase system, then perform the actual implementation work at the Company site to integrate the new Epicor ERP system.
Post go-live implementation of system improvements is also the Operations Manager responsibility.
Once Epicor has been installed and is functioning properly (estimated 6-month project), the Operations Manager will be responsible for directing and coordinating the site manufacturing activities and be a “member of the site Sr. Management Team”.
The position will manage the production team leads to realize and maintain maximum efficiencies throughout the workforce on the production floor.
Essential Duties of the Role:
- The Company is embarking on an ERP system change and upgrade (Epicor). The Ops Manager will be the on-site project leader for this system conversion. Working closely with the Company team members, Corporate IT resources, the Operations Manager will spend time training on the new system’s functionality, applying the system functionality and processes to current on-floor activities, testing the system processes, creating training documents, performing training, preparing for go-live, and implementing future improvements post go-live.
- The Operations Manager must be organized, detail-oriented, a critical thinker, able to quickly understand current processes and how they apply to the overall business.
- Upon completion of the Epicor implementation, the Operations Manager will be responsible for developing and managing a responsive, flexible manufacturing operation to meet the changing demands of the customer base.
- Collaborate with the customer service department to establish and maintain a working production schedule while organizing the needed resources on the production floor to meet or exceed the daily shipping goals.
- Work with quality management to support the implementation of the new quality procedures throughout the production department.
- Work with quality and engineering management to implement corrective, preventative and continuous improvement actions on the production floor.
- Work with materials management to assure the materials needed of the production department is satisfied in order to meet or exceed daily shipping goals.
- Provide the needed production resources and the required support to the engineering department during the release and transition from prototype builds to full production.
- Develop short-and-long range goals and work with other departments to determine manufacturing capabilities and capacity requirements.
- Participate in creating annual budgets and manage expenditures to achieve and operate within budgeted targets. Ensure production is run efficiently, waste is kept to a minimum, and equipment is maintained to company standards.
- Manage cost improvement initiatives to achieve on-going operational cost optimization, interact with other managers and subordinates on continuous improvement of processes and employee performance.
- Supervisor responsibilities: manages and supports subordinate supervisors in the direct manufacturing of products. Responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation of those units. Carries out managerial responsibilities according to the organization’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assisting and directing, performance appraisals, rewarding and/or disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requirements for this role:
- US Citizen or Permanent US Resident to obtain security clearances
- High School Diploma; Bachelors or MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of progressively increasing managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with operational excellence, lean and/or six sigma (or similar) efficiency improvement program is strongly preferred
- Proven track record in controlling costs to budget, preferably manufacturing variance management.
- Proven track record of successful problem solving utilizing critical thinking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess and demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities and be able to motivate/engage personnel.
- Must have a strong background working within a team-based organization, including serving as a team member, SME, or as the lead of an integrated team.
- Strong computer skills required! Must be familiar with ERP systems and capable of using MS Office, spreadsheets, and other modes for communication, analysis, tracking and project work.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to read blue prints, understand MIL specs and QA requirements, interpret work instructions and apply technical writing skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate knowledge and experience in cGMPs and relevant Safety Regulations (such as OSHA, etc.)
- Must have experience supporting facility maintenance activities such as A/C and heat, electrical, plumbing, as well as general cleaning services and contractors.
- Must be capable of directing and managing regular upgrades to the production floor equipment, work benches, tooling modifications.
- Must have experience and success transitioning engineering protypes, first articles and low quantity product builds to full production rates.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, self-starter, interact effectively with all levels of personnel.